♤-Chapter 4-♤

"And I can't help but stare, cause I see truth somewhere in your eyes" - Justin Timberlake

Chapter 4: Russia

Emily's POV

Rayon hugged me tight when he picked me up from my home. We drove to the airport, listening to music on the radio. The trip was quick and we soon stood in front of the airport entrance. I looked over to him and took his hand in mine.

"Rayon, I'll be back soon." He nodded and took something out of his pocket. A breath stuck in my throat at the red square box. He opened it and inside was a gorgeous diamond ring. The ring was silver and there was 3 diamond on it. One big in the middle and 2 smaller once on each side of the big one.

 One big in the middle and 2 smaller once on each side of the big one

"I know you said we'll speak about it when you come back. But please just do one thing for me. Wear the ring." He took the ring out and placed it on the correct finger. It was a perfect fit and looked beautiful on my golden skin.

I looked up at him and nodded. I pulled him closer slowly and placed a small delicate kiss on his lips. He sucked in a breath and moved to make the kiss deeper but I pulled away. "We'll talk and I'll let you know what is going on."

Before Rayon could say anything else, I got out of his car and a valet helped me take my bags out of his trunk. I rolled the bag away and didn't turn to look at him. I stared down at the ring on my finger and walked to the luggage check-in.

I rubbed my arms, so grateful that I remember to put a jacket in my hand luggage

I rubbed my arms, so grateful that I remember to put a jacket in my hand luggage. The -5° winds were blowing me away. While Brazil was hot and London cold, the -5° was something I've never experienced before. My shaking hands slipped into my white gloves.

I waited outside for the Valet to get a taxi. The snow-covered roads were beautiful but it took the taxi a bit longer to get closer. The Valet rolled my bags up to the now awaiting taxi. I tipped him ₽100 (100 Russian Ruble = ₤1.02)

The taxi was warm and I thanked the driver, "Uhm, Holiday Inn Moscow Sokolniki." I hoped I pronounced it correctly as the driver nodded and drove out of the airport. I looked through the tiny book I hand in my hand. It had the major important Russian words in it. For example: hello, Russian, yes, thank you, goodbye, no, help, direction, lost, question, and a few more.