Chapter 8

I knew it was a bad idea. I just knew it. I wanted the ground to swallow me alive when I saw how panicked Noah was about the whole thing. I held the black notebook I bought yesterday (for two dollars may I add) and forced myself to stop shaking.

"Put it down," he warned me, his eyes burning mine with anger from across the women's bathrooms.

"Remember what you did to my bag that day?"

He didn't for sure felt as bad as I did at that moment when he broke so many eggs in there.

"Fucking put it down!" he warned me again, this time walking inside the women's bathrooms, hoping to take what he believed belonged to him.

"Stay there or this notebook will go under the water," the sentence sounded wrong for some reason, but you couldn't blame me, I was stressed and nervous.

I grabbed the handle of the sink, and suddenly the water started to come out.

But Noah kept on walking even faster towards me, looking like he was going to stab me any second and leave there to die. He was so close to me, looking like he is ready to kill when I threw the black notebook under the water out of pure panic.

His eyes widened and mine as well.

For a second, I couldn't believe I was doing this to a human being. Then, I remembered that it was just a prank, it wasn't even his real notebook.

"It's not what you think," I told him.

"Do you have a fucking clue on what I have inside there?" he yelled at me, and I just shook my head, letting the shame and guilt take over and eat me alive.

"My whole fucking like is inside this notebook," he lowered his tone and pointed at the sink.

"I- I am sorry, but it's really not what you think," I tried to explain.

"You know what I think? I think you just made your worst enemy."

"Can you please just let me explain?" I asked him bitterly. He wasn't even willing to hear me out, which angered me.

"I don't need your damn explanation. Get the fuck out of my face," he clenched his fists and kept on burning me with his green eyes.

"Stop swearing like that and let me explain!"

"Don't tell me what to do," his tone was threatening by that point.

"You know what? I don't care. Goodbye, Noah."

I wasn't going to stay there so he could use me as a punching bag.

Did I feel bad for him after his reaction?

Absolutely not.

Did I want to choke Viv to death for offering that stupid prank?

Definitely yes.

~~~~~~~~~

Jacob couldn't manage to sleep that night, and neither did I.

The fact that he slept next to me, taking more than half of the bed to himself, made it hard to fall asleep.

And the fact that Noah's real notebook is inside his bag, and he could see it until tomorrow morning(and maybe apologize for the things he said), made it impossible to fall asleep.

I covered Jacob with the warm blankets and walked to the kitchen to grab some water. The temperature at our house was cold, and so I was freezing when I reached the small kitchen.

I realized that I made a huge mistake when my father entered the kitchen and faced me.

"Where is Ava?"