Chapter 24: The school dance

A/N: 09.04.20

So I got this message in my Instagram dm's from a fellow reader:

I normally don't take update requests, but his message was so pure and cute, I couldn't say no ;-; I go weak for friendships

To your friend: I'm sorry you have to spend the day at home, but please stay safe! Enjoy this chapter, I hope it makes your day a little better. Happy birthday, best wishes! Xx

-your author, Hidee

(This is a one time thing. You guys better not start sending me messages telling me that it's your birthday 😂😂 I see you sneaky lil Homies, I see you... 🧐🧐)

🍒🍒🍒

Two weeks later, Astrid was finally back on her feet. The doctors said it was a miracle she survived and Noah and Micka simply shared a glance and smiled.

They told her everything she missed out on: Nyx's evil plan, their quest for Alpha blood, meeting a rich CEO with tattoos and a thick accent, all of it. Well, almost anyway. Micka had asked Noah to keep the gun situation where he almost killed himself a secret. He didn't want Astrid to know so Noah promised that he'd take the secret to his grave.

Astrid stared at them with her jaw wide open, wondering how she could miss so much in such a short span of time. Despite scolding them for being reckless, she was grateful. Astrid owed them her life.

Their robot baby assignment had ended. It wasn't a surprise that Micka and Astrid failed, ranking last in their class. Ranking first was Issa and Roman.

Noah and Aleksei got an A, but when their assignment ended, Noah officially cut all ties with his husband. Well, his ex-husband.

One afternoon, Noah received a text from Astrid, telling him to meet up with her at the schoolyard. After class, he left the school building and saw Astrid and Micka bickering on a bench, as usual.

"Hey," he smiled. "What's going on?"

"Crazy lady sitting in front of me has another AMAZING place," Micka cried in despair. He snapped his head towards Astrid. "Have you forgotten that you almost died? Don't you get tired of risking your life all the time? Can't we do something normal for once like oh, I don't know, bowling?"

He threw his hands in the air, continuing to rant, but Astrid ignored him.

"I have news from the FBI," she informed Noah. "They've managed to get some information, saying that they have one of Nyx's men working undercover for them."

"A vampire?" He asked in surprise. Astrid nodded. "Who?"

"They won't say, apparently it's top secret," she mumbled, curious herself to know which vampire would work against their own king to help humans. "Have you heard about the school dance?"