Chapter 20: A monster in silk

A/N: 03.04.20

A very quick update 😳 Enjoy!

P.S: If anyone is good at making covers, I would love to host a contest to choose one for this book 😅 If any of you are interested, please send your covers to me through Instagram!

Until then, I shall continuously change the cover with my terrible editing skills 😂

Enjoy this chapter xx

🍒🍒🍒

Noah and Micka were scolded by the principal for ditching class, holding their robot babies in their arms.

Well, Noah was holding his. Micka was still grieving over the fact that his wife had thrown theirs out a window.

They were given two hours of detention after dinner. That's right. After dinner. From 8 p.m to 10 p.m.

"This is child abuse," muttered Micka as soon as they left the office. "It's like we're in some sort of prison! I might as well drop out."

"You can't," said Noah. "The only way we can investigate is if we're students here."

"Oh please, my grades are dropping quicker than my phone's battery on a Saturday night," Micka grumbled. "Plus, the principal assigned Issa to help me study tonight. Pfft, I bet I'm just as smart as him."

"Don't insult him like that."

Micka glared at Noah and grabbed him by the neck. They laughed and wrestled until Issa walked up to them.

"I hope you don't mind if I borrow Micka for a bit," he said. Micka scrunched his brows, pointing at himself.

"Me?"

"We need to grab some textbooks at the library for tonight."

Micka decided to change the subject. "Did you talk to Roman?"

"I will," he promised. "After our study session."

"But our study session ends at 10 p.m!"

"Roman is nocturnal, he'll be awake."

"Yeah, but I won't," Micka pointed out. Issa rolled his eyes and took held onto Micka's sleeve, pulling him down the hall. Noah smiled at the new bonded friendship and waved at them while Micka silently screamed, "SAVE ME," before disappearing around the corner.

He'll be fine, Noah nodded to himself.

Noah turned around and yelped, staggering back. Aleksei was standing right behind him.

"Gosh Aleksei, don't scare me like that!"

"I'm naturally scary," he said in such a monotonous voice.

Noah narrowed his eyes, wondering if Aleksei was making a joke. Aleksei lowered his gaze and noticed that there was a small graze under Noah's cheekbone.

"You're hurt," he growled, placing his hand against Noah's cheek, gently brushing his thumb over the minor injury, too concerned to realize what he was doing.

"It's a small scratch," Noah said shyly. Aleksei's fingers felt nice and cool against his face that turned ablaze from Aleksei's touch.

Aleksei cleared his voice, quickly retrieving his hand.

"The car keys," he said briskly.

"O-Oh, right, sorry."

Noah quickly pulled them out from his pockets.