Chapter 27: The King and his Queen

A/N: 12.04.20

DOUBLE UPDATE OKAY.

P.S IDK IF YOU GUYS FOLLOW ME ON WATTPAD BUT IF YOU ENJOY MY STORIES AND WANT TO READ MORE CAN YOU PLEASE FOLLOW ME TO SHOW SUPPORT, YOUR AUTHOR IS WORKING THEIR BUTT OFF OKAY.

WHY AM I WRITING IN CAPITAL LETTERS.

Oh, that's better.

Enjoy :)

(Btw, do you guys get notified when I update? I saw some comments saying that they don't).

🍒🍒🍒

Aleksei parked the car and pulled his keys out of the initiator. He turned towards Noah who had fallen asleep during the ride. His head was leaning against the window, his chin sinking into his chest, but he was still holding Aleksei's hand. Noah looked so peaceful asleep that it pained Aleksei to wake him.

"Noah," he murmured, gently planting a kiss on Noah's cheek. "We're here."

Noah's eyes slowly cracked open, blinking slowly as he reality came back to him. He looked around for a few seconds, confused, then turned towards Aleksei and felt relieved to see that he was there.

'It wasn't a dream.'

"Hi," Aleksei chuckled, amused by how lost Noah looked.

"I didn't sleep," Noah blurted in a raspy voice.

"Of course not," Aleksei laughed, brushing away the tousled hair that fell over Noah's forehead. The coldness of his fingers felt fresh against Noah's skin, and Noah pressed his cheek against Aleksei's palm.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to fall asleep," he murmured, feeling his tired eyes close again.

"It's okay," smiled Aleksei. "You look cute when you sleep."

It took a few minutes to fully awaken Noah, but after a few kisses and cuddles, he finally agreed to get up.

He followed Aleksei up a small hill, taking in a deep breath as he felt fresh air brush against his cheeks. Noah loved the damp smell of grass and wilderness, which was almost inexistent back in the city.

"Hey, Aleksei?" he asked. "Do you ever miss being king?"

"Someone's curious today," Aleksei mused. "When will I get the chance to ask you questions?"

Noah thought for a second. "On our next date," he promised. Aleksei bit his lip, hiding a smile.

"So there's going to be another date?"

"And many more to come," Noah beamed cheerfully which made Aleksei smile.

"I do miss it sometimes," he said. "Living in a grand castle, burning down enemy empires and having vampires work as my slaves was always a thrill."

Noah furrowed his brows, unsure if Aleksei was joking or not. Aleksei shrugged.

"But nothing is worth going back to the throne," he shrugged.

"Well," Noah began. "If you became king again, you wouldn't have to follow Nyx's orders and Roman wouldn't have to either," he pointed out. "Issa would be safe and so would the rest of the students at Bran Prep." There was a pause. "Unless you want to create an army of vampires too?"

Aleksei shook his head.

"Nyx has always been more ambitious than I," he said. "Besides, the procedure of becoming king is too complex. Nyx would have to give a public statement that he's willing to give me the crown, which is impossible considering that he thrives for power, or I'd have to kill him myself."