Lust

"There is lust and then there is love. They are related, but still very different things. To indulge in one requires little but honeyed speech and a change of clothes; to obtain the other, by contrast, a man must give up his rib. In return, his woman will undo the sin of Eve, and bring him back into Paradise."

― Anne Fortier, Juliet

Ahalieia~

I sat quietly in the car waiting for Dallas.

I simply snapped in there. This is my first time actually being pregnant and knowing one of my kids could be in danger terrified me. Taking in these kids was my responsibility I didn't wanna be the reason only two of them could be born. I would hate myself for the rest of my life.

I watched as Dallas stormed out the building toward the car. He got in slamming the door and starting up the car.

"What's wrong with you?" I interrogated.

He completely ignored me and just kept on driving.

"Dallas."

I watched him grip the wheel and tighten his jaw focusing on the road.

"Daniel!"

"What Ahalieia?!" He yelled glancing at me. "What the fuck is it you have to articulate?! I ask you a question and you ignore me but when you ask me something I have to talk?! Just shut the fuck up and be the passenger right now. You wanna speak to me like shit so that's how I'm gonna talk to you!"

He sped up and I leaned back wiping a tear along my face. We pulled up along the side of the house and I opened the door getting out. As soon as I shut the door he pulled away. I sighed walking up the driveway to my car. I pulled my keys out my purse and got in pulling off. I was riding past the park when my engine started making a clunking noise and the hood started smoking.

I pulled over and got out popping open the trunk when I was hit with a wave of smoke. I waved my over the transmission, I think?, while coughing when a hand came to my shoulder.

"Need some help sugar? I don't suppose a beautiful pregnant lady such as yourself should be around these chemicals."

I moved around and froze feeling my heart speed up. It was Detective Parker, shirtless and sweaty.

"Hi Detective Parker." I uttered.

"Please call me Jacob."

"We just keep on running into each other." I remarked.

He walked closer only an inch away from me. I could sense his body heat radiating against me.

"I don't find it such a bad thing."

I felt my breath catch as he tipped forward. He reached behind me touching some big metal thing in the cowl of my car.

"It's your engine. Oil is escaping from within the engine and is being burned along with fuel. Of course, you could always keep adding engine oil to prevent it from being all burned up, but the smart thing to do would be to take the car in to have any worn or damaged seals repaired."

"Oh okay. Whatever that means."

He chuckled backing away.

"Let me call you a tow and I'll bring you home. Deal?"

I nodded as he stuck his hand out. I shook it feeling heat rise up my arm. I drew away as he smiled pulling his phone out his pocket walking back across the street.

I opened my car door getting my purse and keys out. I closed the door as he walked back with a tank top on.

"I sent for the tow and their coming to get your car. They're gonna take it to get repaired then call you when they're ready. So where should I bring you?"

"Anywhere but home. I'm not ready to go home just yet. That's where I was running away from."

"Shall we go?"

I nodded and he wrapped his arm round my waist leading me to his car. He opened my door helping me in and shut it then walked backwards around the car and got in the drivers side. He pulled off driving down the highway. We pulled up to his home in Dallas. It is certainly big and beautiful. It looked like the house I always desired. A small family home and not that big ass over sized mansion Dallas bought. God I can't even last one second without thinking about that asshole.

Jacob got out walking around and opened my door. He grabbed my hand helping me out the car. He walked me up to the door of the house and pulled his keys out unlocking it. We walked in and it looked just as good on the inside as it fared on the outside. The walls were a pale blue with brown furniture and a chandelier hanging from the ceiling. The floor was built of chestnut wood with a crimson stained floor.

"Make yourself at home. There's food and drinks in the kitchen at the back. There's a bathroom down the hall to the far left. I'm gonna go take a shower."

I smiled nodding as he smiled back then disappeared down the hallway.

I stood there and walked in a circle looking around. He had pictures all over. I halted at a picture of him and a little girl. He was accommodating her in his lap as she kissed his cheek. Next to that photo was one of a woman. She was so pretty. She had long dark hair and grey eyes. She looked a lot like him, actually. I was imagining it was his sister.

I walked into the kitchen and discovered a picture of a baby boy being held by this woman. She appeared just like Jacob and the baby looked just like him. I assumed it was captured when he was first delivered. I smiled running my hand across it. I opened the refrigerator pulling out a bottle of water. I opened it setting the top along the counter and turned around taking a drink. I stopped as Jacob walked in with a towel wrapped about his waist.

I could smell his soap waving off his body as the water slid his chest cascading over his abdomen.

"Cat got your tongue?" He wondered.

I snickered turning back around and set the top back on. I turned around and Jacob was right in from of me. Chest against chest, belly against belly.

"I'm attracted to you." He whispered.

I couldn't talk. I could only watch and listen. He leaned forward with his lips barley touching mine as he laid his hands on the counter on either side of me.

"You can tell me to stop." He purred.

I closed my eyes as slipped his tongue in my mouth curling my lips close to his. He gripped my waist as he kissed me pressing against me. It seemed so wrong but it felt so right.

~Picture of Jacob