Falling for you

Siri's POV

     After Laolu visited me, he stopped responding to my messages. He didn't call me. He didn't text me. I was worried. I was seeing his posts online but he was not replying my DMs. What could have gone wrong? Was this some sort of trick? I was angry at first then I started wondering what I did wrong that put him off.

      Two weeks after, I went to Yetty's place. She opened the door for me after knocking twice. We hugged and she invited me in. She asked after we had sat down,

     "What will you take o, Iya Ibeji?"

     "Nothing. I am here to see you." I said and removed my glasses.

     She leaned forward seeing my face, "What's wrong with you? Have you been crying? Your eyes are all swollen."

     Yes! I have been crying. I missed him. I couldn't lie to myself any longer. I was in love. Stupid right? But, I was falling and I didn't even know. He swept me off my feet.

     I asked, "Have you seen Laolu?"

     "Well, No. Why?" She asked.

     I explained, "I have not heard from him in two weeks. I don't know what's going on."

     She murmured, "So, this nonsense boy went through with this thing?"

     I asked, "What? What did you say?"

     She said, scratching her head, "Ehm, nothing. Nothing at all."

     "Yetunde, please don't lie to me. Tell me what is going on."

     "It's actually not my place to say but he said you deceived him."

     "Deceived him? How?"

     "You will have to talk to him."

     "But he is not talking to me. He is not taking my calls. I don't know what to do. I am tired."

     "Hey! Siri, calm down."

     "Okay. I am calm."

     "I thought you didn't like him and it was just sex. At least, that's what you told me a month ago or so."

     "Yes but I like him now. I love him. I can't stop thinking about him. I don't know why he just went off all of a sudden."

     Yetty sighed, "Okay. You know what?"

     "What?"

     "Go to his place and insist you guys talk."

     "I... I don't know his place."

     "Why won't you know his place? I will give you the address. He is home right now and I think Tobi is even there sef."

     "Okay. Thank you."

     "Anything to play Cupid." She said and laughed. I smiled a little. She wrote out the address for me and I was on my way.

   *          *          *          *          *

     With the aid of Google Map, I located his house. I parked my car by the side and knocked the gate. The gatekeeper answered and I greeted,

     "Good afternoon."

     "Good afternoon. How can we help you, ma'am?"

     "I will like to see Laolu."

     "Does he know you are coming to see him?"