CH.35 I have nothing

Start from the beginning

"It will," Mavi said, frowning. "We will be kept busy with paperworks and events and speeches. I won't get to see you at all. And I know that's how it'll be because I see how Gem and Eggs are and even mom and dad."

Owen smiled down at her, "You want me all to yourself?"

"Why does that surprise you?" Mavi rolled her eyes.

"I like hearing it," Owen confessed. "I am still caught off guard every second I realize I can kiss you now whenever I want."

"Did you think about kissing me a lot before?"

Owen lowered his mouth and brushed his lips over Mavi's, "Every second of the day. Especially when you laughed."

"Why didn't you?" Mavi pouted, making Owen's eyes grow a few shades darker. "Was it because you didn't date school girls?"

Owen couldn't help the goofy smile that appeared on his face. He didn't know why he loved it so much when Mavi showed her bratty side around him.

"I can make an exception for one school girl," he said to her.

"All the girls at St.Rieka go crazy over you, you know that?"

"Really?" Owen raised a brow. "I haven't noticed."

"How did you not notice that?" Mavi rolled her eyes.

Owen slowly lowered his lips to her neck and kissed her, "I was too focused on a certain pair of stormy gray eyes."

Mavi blushed at his soft words. She locked her arms around his neck and leaned into his touch. Owen swung her around into the house and closed the door behind her. He set her back down on her feet and kissed the top of her head.

"I have work to do," He said looking into mavi's eyes. "I have to call the packs and the king's guards and see how many Pixies are in town."

Mavi nodded and took a step back, "Okay.....Do you need help?"

"Yes," Owen smiled. "I want the Queen to supervise her Beta's work."

Mavi laughed, "I can be a very picky boss, Mr. Radacovick."

"That's fine," Owen shrugged. "I can change your mind."

"How?" Mavi asked.

As she watched, Owen's eyes darkened once more as he took a slow step towards her. Mavi gasped when she realized his intentions and turned her head to find Manya in the kitchen.

"Owen," she backed up, holding up her hand. "Your mom is in the kitchen."

Owen didn't stop. He took another step towards her like a lion getting ready to pounce on a prey. The sly smile on his face got wider as he moved his eyes over Mavi's body.

"Owen," Mavi laughed nervously. "Stop."

Mavi's heart leaped up in her chest as she yelped in surprise when Owen lunged forward. She dodged him and ran towards the stairs laughing as she felt Owen chase after her. He caught her at the top of the stairwell and wrapped his arms around her waist.

The way Mavi laughed was doing crazy things to his heart. He loved that sound, it was like music to his ears.

"Baby, stop!" Mavi laughed, wiggling in his arms as he pulled her closer.

Owen backed her up against the wall and caged her in with his arms beside her head. Mavi looked up at him though her lashes and bit down on her bottom lip as her laughter died down, leaving her slightly breathless.

Owen's eyes searched her face before he couldn't ignore the need to kiss her any longer. Dropping his head, he pulled Mavi closer and tasted her soft warm lips. She responded right away with soft moans. Her hands moved up to his hair as she tugged gently.