In the middle of the night - or - Galra!Keith is kind of sick

Start from the beginning

"Keith, Allura and I would never risk the castle for a dead planet. It's fine, nothing worse than a crash on freezing asteroids could happen anyways." Shiro assured, looking professional as usual. Even if he had, to be honest, absolutely no idea of what could happen.

"Nothing worse than..." Parroting the words, Keith pinched the bridge of his nose. Shiro had a dark sense of humor that never really made him laugh anyways. "Shiro, you need to rest too. We've all had a long day."

A shrug of shoulders and a weak smile later, Shiro turned back to the hologram, focusing on the path of the purple moon, which obviously crossed theirs. He needed to find a way out of it.

Sensing exhaustion was getting him out of his head, Keith left the castle's command's for his room. He was not really useful in planned strategy. This was Shiro's, Allura's and Lance's job. Keith was more... Practical.

Looking at the bruises he made in the battle, most of them out of precipitation and dangerous decision, he decided to tone down the chaos that usually followed him and focus on the peaceful mission that would be coming soon.

Down the hallway, the monitors shined a bright blue, glinting on the walls, reflecting in his eyes. A unpleasant sensation flickered in his brain.

He squinted and paced faster. Not bothering turning on the lights of his room, he stripped and dived under the burning water of the Altean showers.

Several ticks later... or maybe more, his shoulders blades started to itch again. First his neck, now this... Keith tried to rub off the sensation, but with every touch he only made it worse. Now his whole body was stung.

The overall feel ; the heat, the tiredness, the ache ; brought Keith back to months ago. He used to ride his hoverbike until the sunset in the open wide desert, absent minded, aimlessly wandering in what he knew now was the Blue lion's cove.

Keith being Keith, he flew way too fast back then, and still does in Red now. The needle bites of the cacti he crashed into during some heated night ghosted over his skin, the memory impressing itself on the current sensation.

Brought back to reality by the tingling of his legs, Keith shook his head. Bad idea, it only made the world swirl. His toes now seemed really far away. The water stream brushed his hair. The steam started to feel suffocating.

"Okay Keith, time to get out, now."

Conscious of his own, fast-paced breathing, Keith slightly started panicking. Even in pitch dark, he still felt overly called by his senses. He could hear every single one of the water drops crashing on his legs; he heard the ruffles in his hears ; he felt the warmth under his fingertips. The bittersweet sensation of metal and sleep-deprivation consumed the tastes on his tongue. He felt the slightly odd balance of the ship. He could even feel his own height.

Sensory overload. Major sensory overload.

The phrase rolled around a while in his brain, before a new flow of thoughts engulfed his mind.

There was this bruise on his shoulder. And the need to end the world's motion. When did he get so ill ? A commotion ? In the battle ? But Lance had him covered and no one noticed anything after they went back.

Every single strand of hair made noise. Now Keith was sure he ate something rotten. But Pidge ate with him. And was fine. The taste of alien fruits flooded his mouth, followed by the blood's one. He'd bite his tongue from overthinking.

His heartbeat was strangely low. Maybe the water was too hot. Now it wasn't just exhaustion; it was a massive headache that filled his brain and disabled his entire body from functioning correctly.There was just too much to focus on, too much to care about.