Keith was on his back on the couch, head turned to the right so he could see the movie, even if he didn't care much about it. Lance was pressed to his left side, snuggled tightly between his body and the back of the couch, his head resting comfortably at the junction of his shoulder. They had a blanket thrown loosely over them but it was wonky. Lance's arm was on top of the blanket, bent so that his hand was under his head for added comfort, the rest of his arm warm across Keith's chest.

The first time they had done this, Keith had been a little nervous. He would never admit it out loud to anyone, not even Lance (but Lance wouldn't make him admit it out loud because he already knows), but he was afraid the others would judge them. They hadn't, of course, and he felt bad for not believing in them.

"Keith?" Lance's voice was weak and Keith could hear the sleepiness in it.

"Mm?" He asked, even though he knew what the answer was gonna be,

"Wake me up when it's over?" Lance readjusted his position, scooting his body closer to Keith. "And tell me the plot so I can pretend I watched it?"

Keith turned towards his boyfriend and pressed an affectionate kiss to the top of his head. "You got it," he murmured, smiling, and giving his his head one more kiss and turning back to the movie.

Chapter 3: Post Battle

"Duck!" Keith cries

Lance ducks without hesitation. Keith swings around, his sword flying just over Lance's head and into the robot that had been attacking him. Lance, for his part, manages to shoot three approaching robots while Keith is preoccupied. They shift after, Lance standing back up, so they are pressed back-to-back.

"Alright," Keith says, taking a step to his left. Lance responds by taking a step to his own left so their backs stay together. "You get who you can from a distance and I'll take on anyone you can't get to."

"Heh, don't expect to have anything to do then," Lance replies with a grin, lifting his gun up to his eye. The two of them spin in a circle, their backs pressed to each other as Lance shoots, shot after shot, at the robots that are ambushing him. Despite his boasting, there are simply too many for him to handle at once. Luckily, Keith lives up to his end of the deal and takes care of any of them that sneak past Lance's shots.

They continue on this for what feels like ever. Lance is starting to get dizzy and he can hear Keith panting behind him. He notices the way Keith's resting stance now includes the tip of his blade against the ground instead of high in the air. There's only so much more they can take before they're out of energy completely.

"Hang in there," Lance says, leaning back slightly to put reassuring weight on Keith.

"Worry about yourself," Keith says in response and Lance smiles.

"If I only did that, you wouldn't be here anymore!"

"Oh yeah?" Keith's blade swings out wide as he arcs around Lance, deflecting an attack that Lance hadn't noticed because he was too busy looking into the distance. "You were saying?"

They break apart then, Keith taking off to the other side of the room, thinning the horde around Lance. Lance does his best to fight off the robots closing in on him, all the while keeping his eye on Keith and making a well timed shot here or there to give Keith the advantage.

"Nice one!" Keith yells as Lance makes a perfect shot. A moment later, the robots drop to the ground. Suddenly Keith's voice is in the coms instead, "It's about time, Pidge. We were drowning out here."