22. Sooner or Later

A week later Nikki has reached out to the band telling them he needed help, that he wanted to get clean, and everyone agreed

A week later Nikki has reached out to the band telling them he needed help, that he wanted to get clean, and everyone agreed. They made a promise that they'd all do it with him, and get the band back to together again.

Despite it taking it over a year, they all kept their word. Getting everyone clean made them all  motivated to get back into the studio together.
Hell, it got Kayla back to doing what she did best, and that was being their assistant. She felt at home again, especially with working with Doc. She couldn't believe how was happy again, that everything was back to normal.

Well almost—Kayla & Nikki we're still broken up. They still went on dates, but only as close friends. They didn't hook up, they didn't make out, they didn't do nothing of the sort. They agreed it was so much healthier for the both of them that way. They needed the space, to allow themselves to grow as people.

But that didn't mean they necessarily liked it. Nikki had to contain himself at times. He desperately wanted nothing more but to jump back into bed with the girl. Even Kayla secretly did too... But she still couldn't allow herself to trust Nikki so easily. She forgave him, like the other band mates. Because deep down she cared for him, and she still loved him. But the trust they had crumbled, and was almost nonexistent.

Currently Kayla was hanging out with the band, who were in the studio making new music. It was loud and full of energy; The energy in the room was immaculate.

As their waitress hands Nikki the water on the fancy tray, his eyes never leave Vince in the booth singing.
"So rad, dude. So fucking rad. I'll like we never recorded before." Tommy says with an wide smile, which was rather contagious, because Kayla almost immediately did the same.

"I mean I've been on something everyday since I was, like, 11 years old. I didn't used to be able to feel anything. But now I feel everything..." Nikki explains, causing Kaylas smile to turn into a slight frown.

"Like, that is just painful." Nikki comments towards Vince's vocals in distaste, before reaching over, and stopping the music that Vince was singing too.

"Hey, Vinnie. Let's go again, buddy. This wasn't your best, okay?" Nikki informs the blonde singer, who looked rather irritated.

"I'm just tired of singing the same thing ten times in a row, when it was fucking fine the first time." Vince complains.

"Vince this album is gonna be great, so let's just hang in there, buddy." Nikki reassures his annoyed band mate.

"Now you're sober, you're a perfectionist too is that it?" Vince sarcastically asks, only causing Nikki to roll his eyes.

"Yep." Nikki agrees while pushing the mute button, and turning his attention to his other band mates.
"Roll the goddamn tape." Vince orders, clearly losing patience by the minute.

"He'll get it guys, he'll get it." Kayla tells the three men, clearly trying to keep the more in the studio positive.

As Vince begins to sing the lyrics to the song again, Nikki nods in satisfaction.

"Better." Nikki mutters, which only makes Kayla smile.

"Go, Vinnie!" Nikki shouts while him and Tommy give the rock and roll salute, only making the singer flip them off earning a few chuckles from everyone in the room.

Suddenly the phone rings causing Kayla get up from her seat, walk towards the phone hanging off the wall, and pick it up. This catches the attention of Nikki, who watches her the whole time.

"Hello? Yeah, yeah, I'm here."

"They're in the studio." She says looking over to the boys, before smiling over to Nikki who was the only one looking her way.

"Mhm, yeah. I know right?" She says turning back to face the wall with a small blush on her cheeks.

"Oh, uh can you wait, a sec? Thanks, Doc." She says before looking over again at the group, who had turned to face the girl once they heard their managers name.

"Hey, rockstars? What are you feeling for lunch? I'm gonna stop by somewhere." She asks them, while holding the phone to her chest.

"Pizza!" Tommy obnoxiously shouts while leaning further into his seat, causing her to smile.

"Yeah. Lots of pepperoni. None of that vegetable shit." Mick tells his niece who just nods, and gives the men a thumbs up.

"Yeah, I'm back, sorry... Mhm, yeah I'll do that after lunch. Okay bye." Kayla says before hanging up the phone, and quickly exiting the studio, with a pair of eyes watching her leave.

"You two haven't still made up, huh?" Tommy asks his friend who was obviously still much in love with Mick's niece.

"Nah." Nikki says slightly frowning.

"Give her time, Sixx—She'll forgive you sooner or later." Tommy tells the man with a shrug, while going back to look at Vince finish singing the end of the song.

"I don't know man, I really fucked with her head." Nikki says to the drummer, who just remains silent at his comment, while the older man just nods.

"That you did." Mick mumbles causing Nikki to sigh to himself, before giving Vince a thumbs up, and  taking a sip from his sparking water.