1. Beautiful

"So what's up with this band anyway?" I shout over the heavy metal music blasting in the car that my Uncle was driving

"I read in the paper they need a guitarist. Thought I might as well give it a try. Who fucking knows, this could be the real deal for us." He shouts over the music, before pulling over. As I look over at the shitty apartment complex that reeked weed, I immediately take notice two guys smoking cigarettes outside.

"Were here." He mutters in a bored tone once he turns off the car, quickly exiting out of the vehicle. I quickly make an exit, immediately making awkward eyes contact with the guys on the second floor of the apartment complex. She would be lying if she said they weren't making her feel intimidated.

As I shy away from their gaze, I quickly walk quickly over to help my uncle hold open the trunk, so he could grab ahold of the large amp, and wouldn't get hit above the head. "I'm really hoping this isn't a set up, and we don't get robbed." She whispers underneath her breath, only causing her Uncle to roll his eyes.

"Woah, guys, you got it?" The tall lanky man exclaims while running over to us to help my uncle and I bring his heavy equipment out of the car. I immediately take the end of the amp, while the tall man grabs ahold of the other side so my Uncle wouldn't have too.

"Here for the audition?" The lanky man asks my uncle. "Yep." My uncle says as the man and I start moving the heavy amp slowly near the stair way.

"Are you both auditioning?"

"Oh no, I'm just hear for moral support."

"Awesome—I forgot, shit, I'm Tommy." The man says introducing himself with a bright smile while they carefully neared the stairway. "Mick Mars, and this is my niece, Kayla." My uncle introduces the both of us.

"I'm the drummer." He states as they near the staircase, making me chuckle a bit. "Scrawny for a drummer." I lightheartedly comment, causing my Uncle to intervene in taking my place with the Amp before they met the stairway.

"I used to be in Suite 19, so..." Tommy begin saying, clearly tooting his own horn, causing Mick to stop in his tracks. "Shitty band." My uncle bluntly comments, clearly insulting the lanky man.
"Hey, man, have you ever seen us play?" Tommy asks clearly butt hurt, while I grabbing ahold of guitar case that he laid onto the cement floor.
"Suite 19?" My uncle asks again.
"Yeah." Tommy says nodding his head before walking again, finally heading upstairs.
"Don't need too. Band with a shitty name, ten times out of ten, shitty band—Hey." My uncle explains, before greeting the other man drinking a bottle of beer, casually watching the two struggle to bring up the amp up the stairway. "Hey, man." The man greets back to Mick with an cocky smirk laying upon his beautiful features, before eyeing me.

"He would know, he's been in a lot of bands with shitty names." I inform the two men with an playful smile, only earning an amused smiles from the two men, while my uncle grumbles to himself.