19. Promise

The next few days Nikki was kind of silent & distant, and by the time the tour was over everyone was glad to be back home

The next few days Nikki was kind of silent & distant, and by the time the tour was over everyone was glad to be back home. Although, due to Kayla sharing the same roof as her boyfriend, she decided to stay with her uncle for a few days until Nikki called her home.

Unfortunately he never did, and he wouldn't even pick up her own calls. She had decided it be better off with just living with her uncle for awhile, while Nikki focused on himself. But Kayla decided to stop by Nikki's just so they could talk things out, and figure out where they were as a couple. Kayla was praying that the relationship would work out, but she wouldn't be disappointed if it didn't. They hadn't had sex the whole tour and with her knowing Nikki well, she was sure he was being unfaithful.

As soon as she enters the house, it was almost eerie. She had never seen it so empty or quiet, because usually his cleaners were around and taking care of things.  After calling out his name a couple of times while walking around the first floor, she had made her way upstairs, and towards his bedroom.

As she opens the large bedroom door, she sees his room completely trashed. The room lingered with the smell of sweat, and his belongings looked to be thrown around the room.

"Nikki?"  She called throughout the room, only to hear fumbling from the closet. She froze and heard little mumbling, and immediately ripped the closet door open. What she had expected was him cheating on her, but to her surprise it wasn't. She was met with a tweaked out Nikki in the corner of his closet. He was usual complexion had changed to almost the color of snow, he even was glowing from the sweat dripping down his face. What worried her the most was that he was in his underwear shivering, and panicking.

Of course with her being so worried with Nikki, she didn't happen to see Nikki's handgun until he shot towards at her.

Luckily enough, the bullet had just missed her. But she has immediately fell down onto the ground from shock.  "Stop! Nikki it's me! It's Kayla!" She yells loudly while shaking from fear. Soon after,  Nikki slowly realizes he was hallucinating from the drugs he was just taking.

"Oh." He mumbles to himself while watching the frightened girl on the floor close to him. She had never seen Nikki act like this, and it scared her. She then realized that his actions were almost the same as her mothers. Once eyeing him again, she then realizes a heroine needle still stuck in his arm, and was bleeding down his arm.

Immediately she went into denial mode, and looked around the room to make sure she wasn't the one hallucinating. But unfortunately she wasn't hallucinating, because as soon as she realized the hundreds of needles and bent spoons laying around, she felt as if her whole world was crashing.

Right as she breaks down crying, Nikki suddenly crawls over to her in worry. He immediately pulled her in his arms, only causing her to push away from his grasp. "W-whats wrong Kay?" He asks while worriedly eyeing her, but she only cried more once seeing the dazed look in his eyes.

"How long— how long have you been using?" She asks trying not to break down crying to the point where she couldn't talk.
"What?" He asks trying to act stupid with Kayla.
"How long!" She screams angrily. Clearly hating the fact that he's hiding the fact he's using, and him putting more pain to her past memories.
"I-I—awhile." He stutters, clearly shocked at the way she was acting.

"I can't do this." Kayla says with tears in her eyes, while standing up from the floor. This only caused Nikki to immediately stand up, and grab her.

"No, no, no... You can't leave me, please don't." He says almost if he was afraid of her leaving him, which broke her heart even more.

"Nikki let go of me." She says trying to stay calm.
"Don't leave me Kayla!" He exclaims to the girl, while desperately holding on to her, clearly testing the girls patience .

"Nikki get off of me!" She screams but he continued to hold her tightly.
"I need you!" He screams back, crying along with the girl now.

"N-no, you need help. Professional help." She says stuttering while trying to walk around the man, although he was giving her a hard time. He immediately blocks her from going anywhere, still not aware of the needle poking out of his arm.

"Then help me!" He begs causing her to immediately guilt trip for trying to leave in the first place. She knew what he was doing, and it wasn't going to work.

After an awkward silence took over them, she then sadly looked back over to her boyfriend again.
"My mom was on this shit before she left me."  Kayla suddenly says, causing Nikki to suddenly freeze in place once he heard the drug of my mothers choice. There was then a lingering silence again between them, only causing it to become more awkward.

"I won't leave you, I promise." He suddenly says as if that made it better for the girl, only causing her to sigh in defeat.
"I know—and that's the problem." She says before running out of the room, only causing the man to run after her in his underwear.
"I-I'll get help! Just don't leave me Kay, please." The man says grabbing the girls wrist, stopping her from leaving him by his lonesome.

"Are you lying?" She asks sternly while eyeing the man in his eyes, who still had a dazed look in his eyes. "No—J-just let me finish the rest of it." He pleads causing her to roll her eyes, and pull away from his grasp on her, only causing him to grab her again.

"I promise! No more afterwards." He says repeating his promise, making the girl stare threw her drugged up boyfriend.

"My mom always told me that." She told him.
" I'm not your mom." He tells me sternly.
"Nikki I really don't need this reoccurring memory in my life, not again." She tells him with clear sadness coming from her, only making him begin to feel guilty.

"Just t-trust me."  He tells her.
"I don't know—" She starts off by saying only causing him to interrupt her mid-sentence.

"Kayla, please." He says pushing on his promise, causing her to sigh in defeat while thinking of her options. "Okay." She says believing the man, even if she knew he'd mostly break that promise. But she believed him nonetheless, because she truly loved him.