2. Black Sheep

As we exited the car, I led the three towards the party a couple houses down

As we exited the car, I led the three towards the party a couple houses down. The streets were packed and you could hear the loud music playing from afar.
Once they entered the back side of the house, everyone stared in interest only causing me to roll my eyes, while I continued to search the blonde guy I met at the record shop a week ago.

Once I eye the band playing on the hand-made stage singing a well-known song, I immediately turn to the three and give them a small smile.

"There's your guy."

"A fucking cover-band?" My uncle asks, almost not impressed. Only making me roll my eyes for what seemed like the hundredth time today. "He's unique enough. I met him a few weeks ago in the record shop. He kept constantly trying to flirt his way a deal for equipment." I inform the three, causing Tommy to smile in admiration at the blonde man.

As Mick led them towards the alcohol table, he immediately began to drink the half full bottle Jack Daniels, before filling a cup for his niece and the two men. "The voice ain't bad." My uncle comments as the the Blondie hits a higher note in the song, causing all the chicks holler. "I don't care if he can sing or not. Look what he's doing with those chicks." Nikki comments amazed-like, making me roll my eyes, and stare at the females. She wasn't slut-shaming, but there was a difference from being a fan of someone's music and someone acting like a total groupie.

As they finish the song, the crowd cheers and he announces their band 'Rock Candy', only making my uncle groan in annoyance. "Shitty name." He states causing me to slightly nod in agreement.

"He's fucking perfect man!" Tommy exclaims with excitement. "He's pretty good." My uncle agrees causing Nikki to go into thought mode. "Yeah, hes got moves." Nikki says nodding his head in approval as we watch him head towards the bar. 

"So give me the tape." I simply tell Nikki, who instantly hands it over, causing me to smile.
"Be back in a bit." I say before making my way over to the guy, who was now seducing an chick.

"Oh my god... aren't the guy from the record store?" I ask causing the man to turn around, and take notice of my presence. "Record shop girl, hey!" He exclaims in remembrance before giving me a high five, and then quickly pulling me in for a hug which I didn't expect at all. "Good to see you, babe. How are you?" He asks making me smile, and only causing the other girl to frown.

"I'm doing alright, I'm actually helping out with my Uncles new band with stuff, which are those guys over there." I say immediately pointing over to group who were observing us from a far.

"Dude, they watched you kill it today. You totally got to jam with them once." I inform him, causing him to chuckle a bit. "Come on, babe. I got something going on—I can't." He states making me roll my eyes playfully at the blonde. "Oh come on, here listen to this. You don't have to sign up right away, just give it a chance." I say shoving him the tape in my hands.
"Their number is on the front so call them if you are interested, okay?" I say causing him to sigh and then look down at the tape in his hands.

"Look—If you just show up and give it a try, I'll give you half off of anything you want in the store." I inform him, making him immediately smile and nod. "Yeah, sure, I'll think about it." He agrees, causing me to smile widely.

"Alright, I hope I see you soon!" I exclaim before walking away, and approaching the group.

"I think he's in!" I exclaim with a smile, causing Tommy to pull me in for a hug. As I felt his skinny arms wrap around me, he slowly lifts me up from the ground, and shakes me.

"Let her down, Green Giant." My uncle mutters annoyedly, causing Tommy to lower me down back onto the floor, only make me laugh. "Great job, Kay." Nikki says as I pry myself from Tommy's hands causing butterflies to flutter.

"Thanks."

"So how'd you end up with Uncle Mick?" Nikki curiously asks as we both lean against the wall, still at the party they had crashed earlier ago. I look over and smile shyly at the man, before looking down at the ground in thought. She didn't want to scare him away, but she didn't want to lie.

"My mom was a hardcore druggie, and my dad left. Mick had no choice to take me in or I'd be in foster care. It's just been us since then." I nervously tell him, before looking up, to see his reaction. Which there was none, just a simple raise of his eyebrows. Which was rare, since usually people have me a look of remorse or pity.

"My mom was an alcoholic cunt, and my dad also left me." He says making my eyes widen from surprise. It wasn't common to find someone who you could relate too, especially with a past like her own.

"Guess I'm not the only Black Sheep in the world." I shyly joke making him chuckle underneath his breath. "It's kinda nice." I add causing an pleasant silence to take over, while they took in one another's facials features. Then suddenly out of nowhere, Tommy runs over towards the two, breaking up the moment, due to his overall excited of getting laid in the bathroom.