Chapter 2 (ENGLISH)

While a young prince was trying to escape from the hands of his companion, in one of the palace rooms the kings were looking at the servant who trembled in front of them with serious expressions on their faces....

- "I am so sorry Your Majesties, but ... the bridge has been destroyed. There is nothing we can do..."

Mew, sitting in one of the armchairs that had just been placed in the large room, sighed as he looked away from the middle-aged man who, as soon as he had stopped talking, started to whisper over and over again how sorry he was as he hit his head against the cold floor of the  marble room. He had known from the start that something had not gone quite right with the search for Kongpob... especially after seeing the terrified expression of the guards who had return through the corridor hidden behind the portrait.

"This is going to complicate things a lot ... and their majesties do not seem to be willing to listen to excuses..."

His eyes, with concern, scanned the faces of everyone present in search of Korn, trying to see if he could think of some way to appeal to the Emperor and his wife. However, moments later, he frowned as he watched Kongpob's assistant, sitting a few steps away.

The man was also frowning while, with his fists clenched tightly, he listened to the haphazard words of the three men who had just returned from the dark hallway.

"How strange, he seems more angry than worried...", he said to himself while observing the young man's face.

A beautiful face, without a doubt. But full of pride and arrogance. Typical of his social class, no doubt...

Mew sighed, looking away from the man.

- "Your Majesties... I'm afraid we won't be able to do anything except wait for them to make it out of the temple alive..."

Everyone, with incredulous expressions, turned to the man who, with a look of regret, was reviewing the parchment that was on the table.

- "How...How can you expect me...?!

Korn, however, barely paid attention to the queen's words and, with one finger, pointed to a sentence on the paper.

- "It is obvious that the scroll mentions a different exit... an exit that will take them to the place where the crown rests. I'm afraid the only thing we can do is... is wait for them to get there..."

Nessa, letting out a growl, took a few steps towards Kornelius, only to turn around halfway and run towards the still open corridor.

No sooner had she taken a few steps inside than several hands grabbed her and forced her to return to the Library room.

- "NO!" - she exclaimed as she tried to free herself from Alexander and Korn's hands - "let me go... my baby... Kongpob!"

As Nessa was led to one of the armchairs in the large room, Kongpob watched, his face completely red, as Arthit inspected the small wound on his thigh.

His hands, noticing the young man's fingers on his aching skin, closed over the folds of his shirt. A shirt that was undoubtedly the only thing Arthit had left him after taking off his jacket and pants.

Kong growled, wishing again he could hide under the covers of his bed and not go out for the remainder of the year.

"Why ...?" He asked himself, "why is this happening to me ...?"

All this while his eyes, despite himself, returned to rest on Arthit who, on his knees, checked his wound, which was a very short distance from ... from ...