Chapter 33

A little explicit, not enough for a warning though. You guys know what Wattpad is like. ;)

With everything going around her, Aelin didn't get time to call or text Rowan. Of all the reactions she thought of, she didn't expect to find herself pinned to the brick wall on the roof, Rowan kissing the life out of her.

Her lips moved against his, not soft like before, but hard and demanding. She barely had any time to react Like his hands gripping her waist in , Rowan kissed her like he meant it, marking his territory. She felt his tongues at the seam of her mouth, as if asking for permission. She opened her mouth, granting him access as Rowan let out a moan. She smirked, her arms reaching up to tangle in the small hair at the base of his strong neck. It was a very sloppy kiss, both of them hardly able to breathe, but none of them wanted to let go.

Rowan's mouth left hers, another whimper leaving her lips as he attached his lips to her neck, careful enough to not leave any hickeys. He kissed her jaw and found his way back to her mouth. His mouth was soft and warm and she bit back a groan. His body stilled- the kiss feeling the answer to her every question.

She could get used to this.

"Don't make noises like that, I'm barely controlling myself." Rowan said onto her lips.

"No one is asking you to stop." She dared to look into his eyes and her breath hitched. She was also hanging on the edge of her self control.

"School roof is not going to be the place I take you." His voice somehow got even deeper and Aelin was gone.

"No one will see us, unless they're on the roof of other blocks or clock tower."

"You drive me crazy." Rowan whispered, nuzzling his face into her neck, dropping soft, delicate kisses, so at odds with a mere moment ago.

"I try." She felt him chuckle, the vibrations going down her body. Before he could reply, the monstrous clock tower boomed behind them. 4 times.

They had been making out for an hour.

"Oh wow. No offense, but aren't your hands paining holding me against the wall for so long."

"I workout. A good weightlifting session." He presses his forehead to hers, eyes closed. As if taking her in.

"Not the type Lorcan would want you to do."

"See, now you've ruined it." He dropped her, moving away, but not far out of her reach. She laughed, Rowan joining her.

"That reminds me, did you find anything on Kaltain?" She walked ahead, taking Rowan's hand and peered across the ledge, taking in the whole school.

"Lorcan is looking into it." Rowan kept their entangled fingers on the parapet, not looking at her.

"Of course he is now. Morality asks, no. Elide says, hell yeah." Aelin shook her head, imagining the two of them together. "I can't believe Elide hid from all of us about Lorcan." Rowan kept quiet. She turned towards him.

"Rowan. You knew about them, didn't you?" She pressed on.

"Yup. I was his backup at Finn's party, where they met."

"Finn as in Archer Finn." Rowan nodded. "Were you in there?"

"No, I was near the house, in a cafe. In case something went horribly wrong, I had to retrieve Lorcan, dead or alive, and finish his job." Rowan said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"What was Lorcan doing there?"

"Killing Archer Finn."

"But he failed." Aelin pointed out.