Chapter 12 - Together

The wind picked up and the rain hammered down on the deck and crew. The whirlpool grew until the centre was a dark void, leading down into nothingness and, if you were to fall in, certain death.

"Captain Barbossa, we need you at the helm!" Elizabeth shouted.

"She's on our stern and gaining!" Celeste yelled, looking back at the Dutchman.

"More speed! Haul your wind and hold your water!" He shouted to the crew in response. Ngaio rushed to the helm with Will, joining her sister.

"We need to take her out, or she'll overbear us." She said.

"Nay, farther in. We'll cut across to faster waters." Barbossa replied, steering the ship further in.

"Captain the guns!" Gibbs shouted, and Ngaio went and readied a canon with her sister below deck. They fired on command, the impact knocking Ngaio back. A cannonball from the Dutchman narrowly missed them, and Celeste suggested they join the others again, where they were less likely to be hit by cannonballs. Ngaio couldn't have agreed more. They were greeted by a swarm of the Dutchman's crew, who they cut back. There was a crunch as the masts collided and locked together. Celeste shouted over to Ngaio.

"I'm going to get Jack!" Ngaio looked up, almost immediately spotting him, battling Davy Jones on the mast.

"Good luck." As soon as her sister had disappeared, the fight was suddenly harder. She wasn't weaker, but somehow they worked so well together. Suddenly she was fighting back to back with Will, and she certainly wasn't feeling alone anymore.

"Ngaio!" He grabbed her hand, and spun her to face him, driving his sword into something behind her. "Ngaio Dalma, will you marry me?" She could have sworn her heart just stopped.

"I- I hardly think now is the time..." she spun herself out again, slicing down another of the enemy.

"Ngaio, now may be the only time! I love you. If we go down today, I want it to be side by side with you, as my wife. So... will you?" It was crazy. Insane. But Ngaio felt the same - there may never be another opportunity. She turned to look up at Barbossa.

"Barbossa! Marry us!"

"I'm a little busy at the moment!"

"Barbossa! Now!" Will shouted.

"Fine then!" He got up on a table, still fighting off the Dutchman's crew. "Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today..."

"Ngaio Dalma, do you take me to be your husband?" They both took down a crew member.

"I do."

"Great!" He smiled dorkily.

"Will Turner, do you take me to be your wife... in sickness and in health, with health being the less likely?"

"I do."

"As Captain, I now pronounce you..." he drove a sword into a crew member and his words were lost in the wind. "You may kiss." They spun around, slashing at the approaching crew members. "You may kiss!" With a smooth sweep of the blade, Ngaio sliced one's head off. "Just kiss!" Will spun her back around into a deep kiss, only broken off by more of the crew boarding. Liz looked upset. They both looked up to try and spot Jack and Celeste, and shared a look of concern.

"Together?" Ngaio nodded. They swung across to the other ship, and Will spotted Davy Jones' chest. He picked it up. Bootstrap Bill stumbled towards them, and Will's expression turned from triumph to fear. "It's Will, your son!" But he continued to attack. Ngaio turned, only to be confronted by her father.

"I spared you once. I won't make that mistake again." He drew his sword, holding her up by the neck. She kicked and struggled but couldn't break free. Will lunged to stab through Jones' heart, or where it should be, but Ngaio's father just laughed. He laughed, drove his own sword into Ngaio, and dropped her onto the deck. There was blood - a lot of it, and her vision went blurry. She struggled to stay conscious, reaching out towards Will, but he was too far away.

"Ahh, love. A dreadful bond. And yet, so easily severed. Tell me, William Turner, do you fear death?"

"Do you?" It was Jack, standing majestically, holding Jones' heart in one hand and a knife in the other.

"Celeste?" Ngaio managed to croak, but all she got in response was a sad head shake. He turned back to Davy Jones.

"You'll take no one else."

"Oh, won't I?" Without warning, he spun and drove his sword clean through Will's heart. 

The Captain's HeartOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara