Chapter 6 - Captain Barbossa

The boat ride back was painfully silent. No one uttered a single word for the whole journey, and Ngaio didn't even know where they were going. Time seemed irrelevant. She was almost brought back to reality when the boat stopped. She was home. It had never occurred to her that the rest of the crew may have met Tia, or sought out her help in defeating Davy Jones. She stepped out of the boat, but her legs could no longer hold her and she collapsed onto the ground. The tears just wouldn't stop. Tia Dalma came out to meet the sorry crew, and placed a blanket over her daughter's shoulders. There was nothing to be said. Will came and sat next to her on the wood for a while, both of them staring sadly out into the distance, both wondering what was next.

After a while, Ngaio registered her sister's absence. Will had just left to let her have some time to herself, and all of a sudden she was very alone all over again. She wandered slowly through the swamp until she spotted her, bloodied knuckles, tear-streaked face. She walked over and grabbed her wrists just before she threw another punch at the tree. "Oh Celeste. I'm so sorry." She pulled her into a hug. A long, warm hug. She sniffed and wiped her eyes, and they headed back to the hut.

"My God. Celeste what happened to your hands?" Gibbs asked looking very concerned.

"A tree." Celeste slumped into a chair, and Ngaio knelt down in front of her, holding her bloody hands and gently wrapping bandages around them. She looked up at her sister, but she was looking at Will. He still had the same odd expression on his face, and Celeste decidedly got up and took him outside. Ngaio followed.

"What's up?"

"The sky," Will answered glumly.

"Will, you are clearly not in a state to be making jokes. Now, what is wrong with you? I know you're not that upset about...." Celeste took a big breath. "about Jack... so what is making you like this?"

"I... saw Elizabeth kissing Jack." He admitted after a pause. Ngaio could have cried again on behalf of Will. He didn't deserve this at all.

"Jack didn't kiss her back though. I must admit if it hasn't been Elizabeth kissing him I would've found it funny. He looked awkward and clearly didn't want it." She noticed Celeste smile a little, safe in the knowledge that Jack didn't like Liz.

"I'm so sorry Will. you deserve better," Celeste said, placing a hand gently on his shoulder. "You're like a brother to me and I don't like seeing you hurt."

"and you're like a sister to me," he replied sincerely with a smile. Then he turned to Ngaio. "I'm afraid I can't say the same for you though." Her heart missed a beat, and her face felt like it had gone up in flames. Was it just her, or had his cheeks got a touch of pink in them too? She must have been imagining it. They returned inside and sat down. Will seemed... happier. Tia came round with tea to warm them up, but Ngaio could see that her sister was beginning to grow sad again.

"If there was anything we could do to bring him back, we would." She said, placing her hand on Celeste's.

"Anything? Are you all willing to do anything to get Jack Sparrow back?"

"Aye," Celeste replied, standing up. The crew followed suit.

"Anything," Ngaio confirmed.

"If you want to get dear old Jack back, you must sail to the ends of the earth - to Davy Jones' locker. And if you are to go there, you will need a captain who has sailed those water before..." The stairs creaked under footsteps, and Ngaio held her breath. Then he appeared. She wasn't really sure what she'd expected, but it wasn't an old pirate with a crazy look in his eye.

"Now what has become of my ship?"

"Ah, Celeste good to see ya again but I'm afraid it is my ship," he corrected. "It was never yours - it was Jack's first. Even before it was called The Black Pearl. Even as his first mate you never seemed to know how much that ship meant to him," Celeste shot back. He seemed taken aback and said no more. "Now what's the plan to get Jack back?" She asked, and Ngaio noted a hint of impatience in her voice.