Chapter 14 - The Flying Dutchman

When Ngaio woke, she was in bed. She was curled up in a foetal position, and Will was curled around her. She smiled and snuggled down. She felt Will shift slightly and opened her eyes to see him smiling softly at her. He ran his fingers gently through her hair.

"Sleep well?"

"For the first time in a while. You?"

"Like a baby." It took a while for either of them to work up enough motivation to actually move, but eventually they got up and dressed. The Dutchman and Pearl were still side by side, and the sun was just peeking out from the horizon. All was well, finally. They stood quietly together at the rail, before Ngaio spoke.

"So... what happened last night?"

"I thought you might say that. You got really drunk with your sister, and I had to bring you back across before you did something stupid."

"Right. And did we..." he smiled gently and shook his head.

"I didn't think you'd remember if we did. Besides, you weren't really... well, you. I mean, not entirely."

"At leats that's something to look forwards to." She smirked. He laughed, before offering his arm formally as the crew of the Pearl began to emerge.

"Shall we?" She took it, and they sunk through the floor to go to the other ship. They were welcomed by Gibbs, who Ngaio had grown a bit of a soft spot for. Her sister hadn't appeared yet, so they decided to wait on deck for her. Eventually, Jack walked out of the cabin, looking quite disheveled.

"My God Jack, what happened?" Gibbs asked.

"I was doing... work." He replied unconvincingly.

Celeste emerged with a grin and simply said, "I'm work."

"Ew!" Ngaio remarked teasingly.

"Oh, calm down." Will laughed at Celeste's reaction and kissed Ngaio gently on the top of her head. "So, I guess this is goodbye..." the words made it suddenly real. Of course she'd have to go with Will, she was co-captain now, after all. And they had to go where the Pearl could never follow.

"It's not goodbye, it's see ya later." Ngaio replied.

"Yes, but that still doesn't change the fact that we're parting ways." Ngaio couldn't help it. She could feel the tears welling up and the only way to hide them was by pulling her sister into a hug. After a moment, Will also wrapped his arms around them, leaving only Jack at the side. She reached out and grabbed him by the shirt, pulling him in.

"You're not getting out of this one, Jack."

"Guess I'm not."

When they eventually broke apart, Celeste went straight back in for a hug with Will.

"You've been the best brother and friend I would have ever had."

"and you the best sister." Was the response.

Celeste then turned to Ngaio. "And you are the best sister I could've ever asked for and I am proud to call you my sister." Ngaio smiled and hugged her.

"No, you're the best sister. And I think... it's only fair that... we'll, as I'm Captain of the Dutchman now, with Will of course, you should be the one and only Pirate King." I'd better still rank higher than all the Pirate Lords though... Following this thought, although not entirely directly, she drew her sword with a flourish and pointed it at Jack, leaving him staring cross-eyed at the tip of the blade.

"Now, Jack. If you hurt my sister in any way, I will track you down and unleash all hell upon you." He placed a finger on the blade and tentatively pushed it away.

"Don't worry, I think if I did hurt her I'd be dead before you arrived. But... don't worry, for as long as I live, I will vow to stay faithful to my dear Celie." He looked from Celeste to Will. "Attention you going to threaten him now?"

"No, I trust Will not to hurt my sister." She drew her sword. "However..." she examined the sharpness of the blade with fascination, not looking up. "I also trust that a Will knows by now what I am capable of when someone crosses me." She sheathed it, and Ngaio looked over at her husband to be met with a face of what could only be described as distress. She laughed, reaching for his hand for comfort.

"That I do." He replied with a gulp. They said their last goodbyes and returned to the Dutchman.

"What now?" Ngaio asked.

"Now? Now, we do our duty, and help lost souls pass to the next world. And we free my father." She smirked mischievously, and walked her fingers up his chest again.

"And then?" He smiled.

"And then we have 'us' time."

"Sounds good to me." She took one final glance at the Pearl before the ship submerged. Who knew when they'd meet again. But now she had Will, and he was all she needed for now.

Cruel and cold like winds on the seas

Will you ever return to me

Hear my voice sing with the tide

My love will never die

Over waves and deep in the blue

I will give up my heart for you

Ten long years i'll wait to go by

My love will never die

Come my love be one with the sea

Rule with me for eternity

Drown all dreams so mercilessly

And leave their souls to me

Play the song you sang long ago

And wherever the storm may blow

You will find the key to my heart

We'll never be apart

Wild and strong you can't be contained

Never bound nor ever chained

Wounds you caused will never mend

And you will never end

Cruel and cold like winds on the seas

Will you ever return to me

Hear my voice sing with the tide

Our love will never die