Chapter 13 - Captain Turner

The pain was worse than the physical pain from her wound. Ngaio screamed, wishing and praying that she was dreaming, that they could save him, but even as she crawled over to him and looked into his eyes, she could see he was fading. Tears streamed down her face as fast as the rain, and she cradled his head in her arms.

"We'll be ok... stay with me..." Suddenly Jack was there with them. He wrapped Will's hand around the remainder of his sword and he stabbed the heart. Silence. Jones staggered and Ngaio smiled through her tears. They'd done it... then she looked back down at Will. The light had left his eyes. She couldn't move, the pain and shock taking over her body. Those cold, dead eyes... her vision blurred again. Davy Jones was falling overboard and... was that Celeste? She was ok. But Will wasn't. They'd won, but at what cost? Celeste's arms wrapped around her, dragging her away. She thrashed and screamed, not wanting to leave Will. The ship was going under and she was scared she'd just lost him forever.

Celeste clung onto her as Jack grabbed a rope and they began to swing over. Below them, the Dutchman gave to the sea and went under. Ngaio looked up at her sister, who was distracted by looking at Jack. I'm sorry. She pushed herself away, using all her remaining strength. The last thing she saw was her sister's distressed face, before the void consumed her.

My love will never die...

Darkness, pain, nothing. So this is what death feels like. Her fingers brushed wood... wait. If she could feel... Her body slammed onto a wooden deck. Nope, definitely not dead. Out of the great expanse of black, a hand came, followed by a familiar face. Will. Had she not been underwater, Ngaio might have cried.

"Captain Turner." He greeted her with mock formality.

"Turner?" She took his hand. "Oh, ok. But I get to name the kids." They shared a laugh, before she noticed his chest. She pushed his shirt away slightly to reveal the scar over his heart. "Did they..." he nodded.

"But I'll always keep it close." And then they kissed. It wasn't broken off by a fight, it wasn't because they were drowning. It was because they were in love. Hand in hand, they walked to the wheel. "Now, I believe we have an armada to destroy."

"Prepare to surface!" the crew, newly human again, stumbled to their stations. Will smiled at her, and then his expression changed to one of concern.

"You were hurt." He touched gently where her father had stabbed her and she winced. It had stopped bleeding, but it was still painful.

"I'll survive." From their place beneath the surface, they could see the shadows of the ships. The Pearl and The Endeavour (Beckett's ship) were sailing towards each other.

"Now!" The ship began to rise. They burst out of the water, facing The Endeavour. This was going to be very satisfying.

"I could have sworn there were more ships..."

"Don't worry about it. Celeste probably sunk them." At this, she looked over to see her sister onboard the Pearl and she smiled. They'd made it.

"Ready on the guns!" Will commanded. They came nearer to The Endeavour, and Ngaio could see the panic onboard. They could have never planned for this. The Pearl and The Flying Dutchman flanked the navy's lead ship.

"Fire!" The ship didn't stand a chance. Splinters of wood littered the sea, and the Armada fled.

"We've won." Ngaio breathed, and Will pulled her into an embrace. She broke away and looked over at her sister on the Pearl. She waved, before feeling hands on her waist. Will spun her around for another kiss. Today was a good day. Holding hands, the couple closed their eyes and sunk through the floor. It was an odd sensation, but when they opened their eyes again, they were on the Pearl. And Celeste and Jack were kissing.

"My eyes! I'm scarred for life..." Ngaio complained jokingly. They pulled apart, and Celeste jumped at Ngaio, enveloping her in a hug. Without warning, she punched her in the arm. "Ow! What was that for?"

"Don't you dare go jumping into whirlpools ever again." She said, jabbing a finger at her. Will laughed, and she turned on him. "You, Mr Turner, are no better. Getting yourself stabbed..."

"It's not my fault your father stabbed me..."

"You tried to stab him through the heart when this entire damned thing started with us trying to find said heart. So you knew there was nothing there for you to stab." She smiled in triumph, before remembering something else. "Come to think of it, who ended up with the key? Of Norrington and you two?"

"I did luv." Was the response. From Jack.

"Then I believe that's three shillings for me, dear sister." Ngaio rolled her eyes and handed over the money.

"What's with the money?" Will asked.

"Celeste and I made bets on who would end up with the key."

"Yes, and I believe at the time she simply referred to you as 'the hot one'." Ngaio turned pink.

"Well, the 'hot one' is now my husband so I think I win in the end." She retorted. Well, that was one way to break the news. Will squeezed her hand.

"What?"

"You heard her." Will confirmed with a smile.

"Who the hell married you two?"

"That would be me." Barbossa cut in, passing by probably not coincidentally. Ngaio smiled smugly at her sister.

"Alright, I get it. You've got a husband and I've only got three shillings..."

"Well, she could have a husband..." Jack piped up.

"What was that?"

"I said you could have a husband if you wanted to..." he mumbled.

"Is The Great Captain Jack Sparrow being shy?"

"Mmm... maybe."

"Barbossa!" Celeste shouted across the deck and Ngaio smiled. "Fancy conducting one more wedding today?"

"Aye, that I can do."

"So it's a yes?"

"Of course."

"Right then, dearly beloved we are gathered here today to witness the marriage of the ever-annoying Jack Sparrow and the lovely Pirate King Celeste Jones. Jack do you take Celeste to be ya wife?"

"Aye. I do, "

"And Celeste do you somehow take Jack here to be ya husband?"

"Aye. I do, "

"Well then you may kiss the bride, " Barbossa smiled. Jack gave Celeste a ring, which prompted Will giving Ngaio a gift. It was the key to the chest.

"If I was being soppy, I'd say that you alone may hold the key to my heart, but I'm not all that good at being soppy so..." he kissed her, and she smiled. They were interrupted by Celeste, who tapped Ngaio on the shoulder.

"Now I think it's about time we had a drink."

"Aye." They linked arms and went below deck.

"I'm sure there must still be some rum down here..."

"I found a barrel!" They filled a few bottles and got drinking. They had created a small pile of empty bottles on the floor before their husbands came searching.

"We marry them and they run off by themselves." Jack complained.

"Hello boys..." Celeste slurred.

"Well you're tipsy..." Will started, and Ngaio strutted over to him and walked her fingers up his chest, a bottle still in her other hand.

"And what of it?" She asked, smirking.

"I think you've had enough." He plucked the bottle out of her hand, downed the rest of it and dropped it on the floor. Then he bundled her up and, with a nod to Celeste and Jack, sunk through the floor back to the Dutchman.