06

parents kill more dreams than anybody else

  "joyul~" little 7 year old yuri heard her father call her in a very cheerful tone. "yes papa?~"  little yuri asked her father with the same cheerful tone. "come here."

  "yes papa?" little yuri asked. her father took a deep breathe and smiled sadly to the little yuri. "yuri, papa needs to go somewhere for awhile, okay? i called auntie and she's going here." yuri's father said. the cheerful tone from earlier now faded, it turned to a sad tone which now little yuri knew something was wrong. "why does papa look so sad?" little yuri asked her father. "papa's fine, baby."

  even though yuri was still 7 years old, she knew her father very well. yuri's mother left them when she was just 5. she didn't cry, she didn't know what was happening. but after two years, she started to despise her mother. her father wasn't at the best state, but he acted tough, he didn't want to look weak infront of her daughter. so he knew he needed to forget the pain, so he moved on.

  "okay.. but where is papa going hmm?" little yuri looked directly at her father's eyes. she noticed her father was tearing up. but decided not to ask any further and kept quite without recieving an answer from her father.

  silence.

  silence was the only thing floating in the air. neither of the two decided to speak up. little yuri also teared up, but she didn't want to make her father cry, so she tried to stop herself from totally crying infront of him.

  "yuri? papa needs to go. can you wait for you auntie?" little yuri's father asked in a whisper. little yuri nodded, not trusting her voice.

  "bye yuri." yuri's father's voice cracked.

  "bye papa.."

  and that was the last time yuri heard anything from her father.