Chapter 15- Won't Give Up (Part 2)

Previous Part

Rayna took a deep breath. What she didn't tell the prince was that she would have to perform a little blood magic to cast this spell. It was one thing just making ones self disappear; it was another to remove any traces of ones self and being invisible at the same time.

She closed her eyes and began. "Invisibilia nudus oculus ad me. Fac me ad aliorum aures inaudita. Remove a me print pede terram. An tantum pro horis est."

She vanished before his eyes, and he kept a grip on the horses' reins. He whispered to her not sure if she was still there, "An hour little queen. Not a minute more."

Part 2

Rayna heard his words as she made her way up the hill, silently agreeing to it. As she walked the few miles she was fascinated by how with each step she took not a sound was made. Not even the leaves crunched under her feet as she moved. At one point she bent down and ruffled a few leaves around but they did not make a sound with her touch. It only looked like the wind was moving them around.

Once she reached the top she stopped dead in her tracks staring at the scene before her.

Sitting on a blanket amongst the scattered tombstones, sat her best friend. Her Theo. And to her great relief, he was sitting below on that blanket alone. Rayna had not realized it until that moment that his fiancé could have been there with him. She thanked the Gods for small miracles.

Rayna began to make her way down the hill slowly. She watched Theo carefully, noting that he did not notice her at all as she made her way closer towards him. She was relieved and saddened to know the spell had worked.

As she made her way down the hill she looked him over. He was in the Bellator uniform, though they made adjustments to the summer heat. He was in a short-sleeved shirt, but the armor still covered his chest, like a vest. He had metal bands covering his forearms as well. On his legs were just normal black trousers, though there were metal braces around his shins. She smiled when she noticed the boots that only came up to his ankles. Revon had shown them to her uncle, and he loved them. He asked the shoemaker in Terra to recreate them for the Bellator's over the summer. That was always a complaint of theirs during the summertime, wearing boots. It made them sweat even worse than usual.

His helmet sat beside him. His hair was shorter this time around, but the curls were still there. She chuckled as she watched him run his fingers through his hair. Her heart skipped a beat as she neared closer and got a look at his eyes. Those grass colored eyes, always just as she remembered them. She could get lost in them forever if she let herself, counting the colors in them.

Before she went to him though she turned and looked to the large tombstone that sat to the right of hers. She kneeled before it, though she did not really need to since it was almost her height, she touched the words written out on each side.

To the left it read:

King
Gabriel Imperium
Beloved husband, father, friend, and ruler
Gone too soon, never forgotten

She felt the tears slip down her cheeks as she pressed her right palm over his name. Every day she thought of him. Not a day goes by where she does not think of the sacrifice he made by being king. He saved her that day; he gave her the chance to live. She would not let his memory go in vain.

With shaking hands, she turned to the other half of the tombstone. The half she dreaded the most. She tried to remember that they didn't know for certain if it was true. That there was suspicion that Malum faked her death and she could still be very much alive.