Chapter 17- The Takings (Part 2)

Previous Part

Jewel jumped at her shouting, turned around and jumped onto her horse, not looking back and ran for her life. The dryads were furious as they did a sort of screech cry into the jungle.

A great cry was heard throughout the jungle as news traveled fast of what happened in town. As Jewel rode through the jungle she could hear within the trees the cries echoing through that they creatures were all making.

And they were not happy.

Part 2

Back at the Hidden Castle, they were all outside, enjoying the day until the clouds rolled in, bringing the wind with it. Rayna got a bad feeling but ignored it. But when an hour passed, and there was a slight rumble to the earth, Rayna felt her heart begin to pound in her chest and felt a sharp pain in her left hand where her scar was. As she neared the barrier of the protection spell she felt the earth tremble, she tried to keep her balance through it. Something was not right.

"RAYNA!" Rayna whipped her head to the sound of her name, she watched as Jewel came riding in tears streaming down her face. "Rayna! They took her! They have Aunt Catherina they took her!"

Rayna grabbed the reins as the horse approached, and helped Jewel down from the horse. She placed her hands on Jewel's shoulders trying to get her to focus on her. "What on earth are you talking about, Jewel? Who has Aunt Catherina?!" Rayna's eyes were trained on her; she didn't even hear the men come towards them to find out what Jewel was talking of.

Neither did Jewel as she cried looking at Rayna. "The royal guard!Malum's men! They took her, Rayna. I had gone inside to grab the ingredients she had asked for, and when I came outside she was struggling to fight off the men that were holding her. They put her in chains, Rayna! They took her and she wasn't fighting back with magic I don't know why." She was sobbing by the end of her sentence, shaking like a leaf.

Rayna felt the shock of the news hit her like a ton of rocks. Her heart was pounding a mile a minute.

Cyrus grabbed Jewel by the shoulders as Rayna stepped away, trying to calm her down and find out what was going on, Andre jumped in trying to get her to stop crying.

Kalevi was talking with her, trying to get her to tell him everything, but she couldn't even catch her breath let alone tell him what she had already said.

But Revon kept his eyes on Rayna. He felt the panic swell up inside of him as he took in the look on her face. It was the moment he had feared ever since the first week he met her. Something he had witnessed with her mother.

They were about to find out what happened when she got angry.

Lightning shot across the sky, making all of them jump and turn their attention upward. When thunder followed after, Kalevi turned his attention in the direction of his niece. He began to feel the panic Revon had felt. "Rayna?" He asked cautiously.

But she didn't hear him. Everything was muffled. She had turned away from them and walked away muttering words under her breath.

"No, no it's it's not true no, no, no." She kept muttering no over and over again as she walked forward, gripping her hair in a painful vise.

Rayna didn't hear them calling out to her, she just kept on walking trying to drown everything out around her. She suddenly just started feeling the anger boil up inside of her. She felt like a thousand men were sitting on her chest, as she tried to even her breathing, but it did not work. The hurt, the pain this man continued to cause her was endless. Malum kept taking everyone that was important to her. When she had done nothing, not one thing to him to ever deserve it. She let her anger take over and screamed out as she had beside the sea with her aunt.