Chapter 7- Revon (Part 1)

Hello!

Just a quick note before you start reading! I have decided to start breaking my chapters up into two parts. Since I have been on here I have noticed that other writers chapters are a lot shorter. And I did get a couple of comments on this too.

So since I pre-wrote this story I am just going to have the chapters be made up of two parts instead of making them their own chapters because thats what makes sense to me and will help me keep my sanity lol. Please let me know if this is better!

Hope you enjoy this chapter! Part 2 will be posted on Friday.

J
________________________________________________________________________________

Previous Chapter

The house was quiet as the night went on. Up the castle steps, to the left of the towers is were Catherina lie awake pondering what to do. Then a thought popped into her head, and she got up quickly and went to her desk. She pushed her raven long hair back and began writing rapidly to an old friend in Aecus.

She folded the paper, then sealed it with her family's seal, not Kal's. On the front, she had written out Revon. She wrote her nickname at the bottom of the seal. She padded to the window in her room and began casting a spell. She whispered softly to the letter in her hands, "Has tabellas ferre unus hic nominatur. Festina velociter ante finis appropinquavit." As she spoke the words, a swirl of light circled the letter, and once she finished, it disappeared.

She prayed to the Gods that it reached him at the perfect time.

Chapter 7- Revon (Part 1)

By the time Catherina heard anything back from Revon, it was already Jewel's thirteenth birthday. The moment that a raven appeared at her bedroom window she knew it was from him. She has to keep this from her husband, it hurt her, but she knew that this was for the best. He would not be coming back for Jewel's birthday this year unfortunately. The girls were disappointed, but he promised to be back the next year. They must be careful not to give away the Hidden Castle. Kalevi suspects that he has been followed, but tries not to become paranoid of the situation.

When the letter arrived Catherina jumped, taking the scroll from the ravens leg. It was indeed his seal of the great RH. She broke it, opening it hastily. There was not much written, just a date:

May 15th

As Jewel's birthday passed, Catherina became more frantic with nerves as she awaited her old friend to come. Rayna noticed her aunts pacing and grew concerned.

On the fifteenth of May, the girls were outside on the swing in their spring dresses. Rayna in a red dress, and Jewel was, of course, in green. It was a new dress that Rayna had made for her for her birthday. Whenever Catherina had gone into town, Rayna asked her to find a fabric just like the grass. She brought back a few, but that fabric she fell in love with.

Catherina sat on the bench that was in between the girls and the barrier of their protection spell. She was waiting for something, but for what Rayna could not figure out for the life of her. She was very anxious all morning and now sitting there like someone was going to come see them.

Rayna kept pushing Jewel on the swing, practicing to use the air around her, keeping a close eye on her aunt as well. When the sound of horses hooves came near, she knew something was up. She grabbed the rope of the swing and stopped Jewel abruptly. Looking at her aunt as she stood with her cane expectantly.