Chapter 15- Won't Give Up (Part 1)

Previous Chapter

Catherina chuckled, squeezing her niece then releasing her. "Not at all. You are a queen Rayna. That power is inside of you. You will one day have that with you always." She kissed her forehead, "Goodnight, my little queen."

Rayna chuckled, "Goodnight, Aunt Catherina."

Rayna slept peacefully that night, feeling as if she could take on anything that could step in her path.

Part 1

Rayna lies wide-awake throughout the night and well into the morning as thoughts circled around her head. All she could think about was the upcoming day.

June 9th.

They had  finally made plans for their journey; on the nineteenth of June, they would set off to go through the Obscurrum Jungle and collect the items they needed to create the Occidere weapon.

The day was drawing closer and closer, and much was weighing on Rayna's mind about the whole thing.

There was much debate on whether they should tell the Bellator's of this plan. To let them join them, or just wait until to tell them until they have returned from their journey; if all of them returned. That was the most daunting thought of all. They spoke with King Silas and Prince Coilleach about their plans. Both tried to warn them against it, saying it was too dangerous of a journey especially when they are not as familiar with the jungle.

King Silas was the least bit happy with what they were telling him. He was even more shocked that Kalevi was agreeing to all this. He had to at least try reasoning with them."You cannot go this journey alone, none of you know these lands, if you aren't killed within days, you will end up lost forever." King Silas said shaking his head. His eyes fell on Rayma, "And it is most certainly too dangerous of a journey for you to travel, Queen Rayna."

Rayna shook her head, "I am going. It's not up for discussion. I am the one that needs to do this so I am going on this journey. I am aware of the consequences that could arise, and so are the others. And we are not alone, we have one another, we can easily protect each other."

King Silas continued giving her a lecture on all that could go wrong, but she just met each of his arguments with an answer of her own.

Prince Coilleach looked between the two rulers, both so stubborn and set on their opinions he knew neither would budge as he listened to them argue back and forth. So they needed a compromise and he thought of just the thing. He got both of their attention, waiting until they quieted down. "I will journey along with you as well as five members from our guard." He looked between the two of them then let his eyes fall on Rayna. "That is the only way we are agreeing to this."

Rayna felt a chill run up her spine at the thought of something happening to Prince Coilleach. "Coill, there is no way-"

"I am going, Ray, that part is non-negotiable." He crossed his arms over his chest giving her the look he got when he was determined.

She groaned thinking he is so like his father. She turned to King Silas, "What do you say about your son's crazy idea?"

She shouldn't have been surprised by his response. King Silas just smiled, "I think it's the smartest thing that has been said throughout the entire conversation."

More lives were going to be put at risk. It was constantly weighing on Rayna's mind as she thought of each person that was in danger. Each creature they were going to have to face was deadly. The only one that would be simple was the faeries' blood and they already got it during their conversation with King Silas. Catherina kept it in one of her little bottles and stored it away.