Click

"Once, when the universe was young, there was nothing and no one but Lo. But she was by herself, and lonely. So she broke off a piece of herself and that became Abic,” Treve said, “They became lovers and their joy was heard throughout the young universe."

Lili was hot. It was stifling on Point Abic.

Treve continued. "But they did not know, that they lived at a crossroads, and that there were others. Night people."

Now Lili pricked her ears up.

"At night, Lo thought she was with Abic. And Abic, he thought he was with Lo. But Abic was with Ub. And Lo was with Fep. From dusk until dawn, Abic thought he was loving Lo, pleasing her, being one with her. But it was tricky Ub instead."

=/\=

"And it came time and Ub and Lo both became heavy with child. After they gave birth, it was clear that Abic and Fep were not the fathers they thought themselves to be. They made sure the next time, and Ub and Lo became pregnant again. Those four children were banished to the stars by their parents, and we see them today in our sky,” Treve said.

=/\=

"Let us pray,” Treve said. The entire audience became silent.

Lili was nodding off. It was just too hot.

=/\=

Doug was sitting in the back of the shuttle with Deb Haddon and Brian Delacroix. Travis and MacKenzie were piloting the shuttle.

Doug was beat. Double shifts were doing him in. He closed his eyes for just a moment.

=/\=

"You're back!" Lili called out.

"You couldn't hear me last time, when you were in the room with that, that sick woman,” Doug said, taking her hand in his.

"Doug, I was awake then. Strange. Doug, I think the connection is unraveling."

"Yes, I think you're right. Where are you?"

"On the summit of a place called Point Abic. I'm supposed to point to a woman named Polloria when I get a cue."

"Hmm. Do you think this is the final connection?"

"Yes,” Lili looked at him with shining eyes.

"Regrets?" he asked her.

"None from my time with you,” she said, “I feel I should be telling you something strategic, but all I want to do is kiss you."

Doug only hesitated for a moment. "Lili, I love you." He then kissed her more forcefully than either of them expected.

=/\=

"Wake up, Old Man!" Deb shoved him in the shoulder, hard.

"Huh, wha?"

"Ha, Old Man, are you crying?" Delacroix asked mockingly.

"No, 'course not. Just allergic to something. Probably MacKenzie's aftershave. You're not supposed to bathe in it, Mac."

"Someone likes it that way." MacKenzie said.

"Almost there,” Travis said.

=/\=

"Well, here it is. Room 116." Tripp said, pushing the door open.

"There is no indication of a human in the area." T'Pol said.