Chapter 14

THIRD PERSON POV

"How do you like your toast? I can asked the maid to prepared them the way you like." Althea asked while Freya was drinking her morning coffee.

"Oh, anything is fine. As long as it's blueberry jam and butter." Althea smiled before giving a small nod at her attending maid.

"Such a beautiful morning, am I right? It was such a good idea to have breakfast at the pavilion. I haven't been enjoying my time like I should be for quite some time. As you know, my wife is busy with the academy and running our business. My daughter is out there being a mentor for young talents. My grandkids doesn't even visit me because they're busy with their missions." Althea sighed heavily.

"Even my son in law refuse to see me after the death of my daughter because he's worried that I might spoil my granddaughter. What logic is that?!" Althea was pissed. When she realised what she had done, she apologised.

"So, Lady Red is your daughter?" Althea nodded her head.

"That's just her code name. Her real name is Hyenera Volin. She was married before but her husband was killed in a mission. So she was left to raised their children as a single mother. They should be here by tonight. I will introduced you to my grandsons." Althea smiled.

Freya smiled back before thanking the maid for her toast. It smelled divine and Freya jus couldn't help but to dig in.

"Is that the best you got?! I am ashamed to be your mentor! Come on! Just try to kill me!" Freya was shocked to hear a voice shouting not far from them.

"Ah! It seemed like Hynera and Billie decided to have some fun. I just hope they won't destroy my garden like they did years ago. It was hard for me to maintain ..." a loud sound of explosion from the garden interrupts Althea's train of thought.

"There goes my garden." Althea sighed, trying to let go of such unnecessary thoughts like killing her own child and granddaughter for ruining her garden. Freya noticed that Althea seemed trouble with what just happened. She decided to called for Billie and give her an earful.

"BILLIE!" Freya shouted for Billie. When Billie arrived, Freya didn't wait for Billie to say anything when she scold the woman for ruining her grandmother's garden. Althea watched this with a smile on her face.

"Apologise to Granny Althea for your action!" Billie sighed heavily before apologising to her grandmother.

"Don't be silly. It's your aunt who supposed to apologised. Where is she?" Billie explained to her grandmother than her aunt is fleeing from the scene with her bazooka.

"I see. That child of mine will have an earful from me. Come, join us. I'm sure you haven't had any breakfast. Where's your father?" Billie told her grandmother than his father went to her mother's grave early this morning.

"Hmmm ... that son in law of mine. I understand why he refuse to come here after Serafima's death. He doesn't want to be reminded of your mother. He really love his wife. My daughter was lucky to have such a loving husband." Althea smiled as she looked up to Billie.

"You look exactly like your mother, Billie. You kept your hair long just for that, right?" Billie blushed.

"Actually ... dad said I would look less scary with my hair long. When I had a short hair, people around me seemed to assume I'm up to no good." Althea laughed while Freya was chuckling in secret.

"It all started after you won the championship, right? Irina told me that you managed to beat some far more experienced that you. Ugh! I'm so proud to have such a strong granddaughter like you!" Althea patted Billie's head.