Chapter 47

As the next day roll around, Monty's sexuality was exposed to the rest of the friend's circle. It was an inevitable case. If Hannah knew then so do they.

They had been yelling at Justin for not telling them, instead of Monty.

However, one thing Hannah noticed was Jessica wasn't that mad. So when she cornered him, she told her that she had the idea but wasn't sure in any way. This had made Hannah even think more of herself as stupid. She thought she shared the closest bond with him but it seemed like she never actually knew him. Or at least they were not close as she thought.

Clay passed behind them in the hallways and met his eyes. He was walking behind a girl who was talking to him but he turned to look at her and shot a smile. It was easy to smile back but she restrained and rather faked a forced smile just to make things more uncomfortable between them. She just wanted to get away from him.

None of Monty's friends were pleased with the choice. They were like 'of all you chose Clay' but Hannah came to the rescue, shrugging off the matter by saying 'we can't choose who we fall for'

Their discussion came to end as the bell rang and they quickly sprang to the classes. Whoever with Monty shared classes, they nag him to talk to Clay every time the teacher was looking away or scribbling on the board.

And so it began. Even at lunch, they started supporting and convincing him to talk to Clay but he would end up sweating only just thinking about it.

"You know I've regretted, " Alex spoke. The one with fewer talks, "for not able to tell Margaret. And see how she's roaming around with that fucking sophomore. You'll never know how that feels."

"You guys should take it easy on me!" Monty said and took a bite of his sandwich. "I'm going to have panic attacks otherwise."

"Okay, we're relaxed." Justin said, "no more nagging."

"Thank goodness." Monty relieved. "Anyways, have you heard Nick has replaced  Kyle as the captain of the basketball team?"

"Quite the topic around here lately," Justin replied, feeling dull to the subject.

"Is Kyle back?" Hannah asked, getting alert and curious. "That scumbag better return my money!"

"No!" Jessica answered. "Lisa in geography told me he hasn't returned after the game."

"What is he playing at anyway?" Alex said, " Isn't he planning on showing up at PSATs? They are important!"

Justin raised his brows. "Not to him I guess. The coach was saying his father informed him he has a severe accident. Broke his spine!"

"Damn!" Jessica felt awful, "I hope he is okay."

"Yeah," Hannah scowled. "He better be okay! Either give me money or handover my stuff."

"I told you he can't be trusted." Monty pointed.

"I was desperate and it was necessary!" She defended herself. "But the moment I'm getting my hands on him, he'll regret me for fooling me around."

They continued until the recess was over. And soon were a couple of more days. Everyone was occupied in studies, and thus forgotten about whole Monty confession thing. Moreover, he had a genuine excuse to avoid it. He was ready to go for Clay but doing it was the difficult part and he couldn't bring himself to that situation.

By Monday they were done with their PSATs. Things have gone back to the way they were. That means Hannah had to face Clay as, amid the time, she had skipped theatres classes with a bunch of excuses such as studying in the library.