Chapter 28

"What the hell?" Hannah squeaked the moment when she saw him in front of her.

"What the hell to you, too," Clay said, with a mixture of surprise and amusement laced in his tone.

"What are you doing here?" She questioned, glancing at the empty classroom.

"To co-host the game night." Clay showed up the note written for the permission.

"Not even in my dreams." She rolled her eyes. " What the fuck? I thought he was going to be a senior."

"I'm glad I'm surprising you day by day."

"Yeah cause if anyone asked me who would be the last person I think can host a game night, your name pops up in my head. You are such a shy—" she halted abruptly thinking how everything has changed. There was a time when Clay Jenson would turn and change his ways if he ever spotted them. "Never mind!" She muttered and put her bag on the table.

"What do we have anyway?" Hannah broke the silence between them.

"Some bunch of lists. After Principal introduces the major players, we take the lead to introduce further and then host the night."

"Are you planning to do anything?" She enquired.

"Is this is how we are going to have a normal conversation?"

"Just answer the damn question." She blankly spoke, ignoring the question.

"Umm, " Clay thought for a second before answering her. "Not interested. None of this has really anything to with the grades. And I had enough people laughing at me. " He said earning a cold glare from her. He just reminded her how they use to laugh, at him.

"Fuck you!" She didn't say that aloud, just move her lips. Clay understood that but didn't really felt affected by it. They challenge each other and he started to like that.

"Well, I'm not sure if I'll be in the team or a substitute player. So it depends. I may end up participating in writing. What's in for you?"

"It's the same, as you. Pathetic, isn't it?"

"Yeah, it's irritating." He agreed.

"I was talking about you, actually." It was her time to pass a sarcastic smile.

Clay grinned, slightly impressed. "If you do have a mouth to say for yourself, then why the hell you send your friends at me."

"I'm sorry what?" She got up, rounding to the table and reaching up.

Clay left his chair, too seeing the surprised look on her face. "You don't know about it? "

"What do you mean?" She really didn't know about it. None of her friends discuss that to her.

"Oh, come on Hannah? You must know about it." He pressed, stepping to her.

Hannah didn't move a bit. Last time she stepped back, she almost fell into the pool. But Clay kept moving close that the closeness made her heart pound rapidly.

"I know nothing." She stated.

"Then that's new for me cause I use to think you all were each other's pawn."

"Looks like you forgot the slap I gave you last Friday," she remarked, piercing her gaze straight to his.

Clay pressed his lips, forming a straight line and took another step that Hannah had to back away now. He enjoyed how he has now started having an impact on her. Even if it was a bit, he'd make sure to increase that further. It was important for what he was planning to do.

"Maybe I deserve that, " Clay said, "but what I said was the truth. None can decline that, not even you."

Instead of moving back this time, she actually stepped up. "What did my friends told you?"

Clay stayed quiet as he realizes they were pretty close that they can hear each other's breath. Hannah felt that too and seeing the uneasiness brewing on her face and he walked away to his seats. "Make a guess, Hannah!"

She rolled her eyes again in frustration as if he thinks she didn't really know what they had probably talked about. She just wanted to know the word to word conversation. However, she skipped that part and came to the point.
"So you took the money?"

"No, no, no!" He laughed, slightly smirking then. "Why would I? The due is on you sweetheart. Do it yourself."

Hannah wasn't sure if she was happy about it or not. Half part of her wanted that Clay had taken the money, so she no longer had to worry about not working in the cafeteria, or buzzing Kyle's dm to know about if he sold anything yet. The other half was reluctant that she should do it own to satisfy her own ego and poke into his.

"We should just get back to our work. That would be helpful for both of us." She said, moving toward her seat. They went silent for another fifteen minutes or so flipping various sheets that included a list of various activities.

"So how are we going to match our schedule to practice? Anchoring is not easy." Clay asked.

"I don't know. I really don't like to be near you so it's hard for me to come up with anything at all."

"We share a theatre class. You have to sit next to me."

"Yes because you are the prop and I am the co-director."

"Your direction sucks."

"Excuse me?"

" Yeah, it does. Wonder why the school lost the last year's drama show."

"You were not even here. So stop making conclusions."

"Your own Co-director told me that." He added.

"Then why don't you try it. Maybe we could win after all."

"As much as I'd love to, I won't cause I hate when I push people away just to make me look superior. I give them their chance to take care of things in their own way. " Clay pushed.

She sucked her upper lip, trying to contain her anger. They were sitting alone in the classroom, each of them trying to have a normal conversation, at least that's what she thought but it turned out they were spitting fire at each other. Hannah huffed thinking of the possibility of why was Clay so reluctant to push everything up.

Neither did he let go of the money even when he could afford it, nor does he let her think peacefully for a second whenever he was around.

And every time Clay says something, she was immediately reminded of the pranks they pulled on him and somehow felt the regret at the end of the day. That is was it was confusing on what is he trying to do. Is he really up for revenge or he is just making her feel pathetic so she could feel the way he did?

So, Hannah decided to play along, to participate in what he was doing. She wanted to know the end of it. "After school hours!" She answered him and took half of the sheets and left him alone.

Clay simply sat there, her mind now blank and cool. He was battling a lot of things right now. He has seen a wild, scary and naive Hannah and he wanted to do something about it. No matter how many times she lies that she didn't tamper his motorbike purposely, he wasn't going to take any shit if her shit this year. Last time when he let go of it in middle school, he was the target of their bullying.

So this is his time. And unfortunately, Hannah is the one who happens to come in his way on her own.

-------------

Sorry sorry that it took me long. I was busy. Like really busy. I hope you liked the chapter. Comment down your thoughts below.

If you liked the chapter, then please vote. I really love it when you do that.

Thank you for reading and loving my book. You guys make me ao happier.

Thanks, VOTE, AND COMMENT!!