Chapter 40

"Is this the place?" Hannah asked as they entered the place Justin had told them in the morning.

Surprisingly it was not what she had thought after considering Clay's suggestion. She was confused about why did he say that because the place she was at was just fine. A simple diner with fewer people and a huge karaoke stage.

"I like this place," Jessica confessed, already mingling with the mood.

"How come we never knew about it?" Alex mused upon finding a counter in a diner. There were few teenage bartenders and behind them on the wall were placed mocktails, various soft drinks. There was no alcohol to display to customers but they still sell it if you have the id.

There was a board pasted which reads, cocktails for 21+ only.

"Because you were too busy chasing Margaret," Justin answered Alex, earning a scowl from him.

"Boys!" Hannah said, breaking their glaring eye competition. "What do you want to drink? Or shall, we eat food?"

"I'm freaking thirsty," Monty spoke and sat on the empty chair at the counter. A big menu stating various mocktails was displayed on the wall next to the shelves. "Can I get a Shirley Ginger?"

"And one strawberry field for me," Jessica ordered followed by others as they placed their orders on several choices.

The cute girls served their drinks one by one and after they cheered together and wishing Hannah happy birthday, they took a sip together.

"Damn, isn't it strong?" Monty noted, wiping off his upper lip with his tongue.

"Can't say dude but aren't they good," Alex said, and the rest of them agreed. Soon enough all of them turned their attention to the stage where two adult women were vocalizing. They were accompanied by other seven-eight people who were drinking alcohol at a nearby table and cheering them.

"They are good." Jessica praised the women.

"It's not them singing. It's fucking alcohol." Justin laughed.

"Is this the vibration of music or I'm shaking myself." Alex chuckled. The others laughed while they finished their drinks. They ordered another, this time some new flavors. By the time, the women were done singing, they were slurring unknowingly.

"It's my time guys!" Hannah giggled and sprinted toward the stage. She grabbed the microphone and after putting the song of her choice, she sang. The others grabbed the microphones, too and joined her. None of them could tell either it was a good or bad show but they enjoyed it like never before. They were shouting into the mic like hooligans.

"That was some fucked up fun!" Alex concluded when they were back on the counters. Right after they had arrived, they noticed people coming and disappearing to some secluded place. None of them had any idea.

Hannah ordered one more mocktails for her friends. "We should come here more often."

"Definitely," Monty said. "I never had so much fun."

"Exactly!" Justin nodded. As now everybody was silent, he heard some faint music coming from somewhere.
"Do you hear that?"

"Hear what?" Jessica asked.

"The music!"

"Oh, you can hear that, too," Jessica laughed, "I thought it was in my head."

"No, I also can hear it," Monty spoke. "I think it's coming from underneath."

"Does this diner has an underground basement?" Hannah anticipated.

"It seems so," Justin said, "but I don't think it is for people like us."