But his mama have always told him his heart is bigger than he thought, and Lance never knew how true that was until the war ended and his heart kept on beating for two people when he had been so sure he would have no beat at all.

It didn't take Lance long to realize the second heartbeat was for Keith and him only.

"You said he doesn't know, right?" Lance asks, humming when Keith nods his head. "Why not?"

Keith sighs, a small resigned smile on his lips as he pulls his knee up and hugs it close.

"At this point, I don't know," Keith confesses quietly, eyebrows knitted together. "I guess I'm just scared I will drive him away and I can't..."

Keith bites down his lower lip in hesitation before he sighs and lets it go. "I can't lose him. I have lost so many people, Lance, I can't lose him - not him."

'Oh, Keith,' Lance thinks, heart breaking for his friend before he reaches out to clasp his shoulder, squeezing it until Keith's eyes are on him once more.

"I think," Lance starts slowly, swallowing down his own feelings for his friend's sake. "I think love is always worth to take a shot in the dark."

"And if I miss?" Keith questions softly right after, eyes wide and vulnerable. Lance's heart clenches as his hold on Keith's shoulder tightens.

"Then I will light your way back home," he whispers, words full of conviction as he smiles. "I've got your back, Keith."

"I know," Keith mumbles, eyes never looking away from Lance. "I know you do."

And Lance? Well, he's just glad he's not standing because he would be on the floor by now because of the soft smile Keith sends his way.

"Thank you, Lance."

"Anytime." Lance nods and because he feels it's not enough, he adds, "Just let me know if he turns into an asshole; I might not know who he is but I will kick his butt into the next galaxy if he does you wrong, buddy."

"Oh? Defending my honor, I see?" Keith teases, laughing when Lance puffs his chest with a proud grin.

"Are you kidding? Of course! Nobody disses my best friend on my watch!" Lance says, clicking his tongue in disapproval. "Doesn't matter he might be your next boo ."

Keith snorts as he shakes his head. "Wow, and to think he used to called me his rival ."

Lance laughs with him, mouth ready to add his own two cents, when the words sink in properly inside his head and Earth stops moving.

It stops moving at the same time Keith's breathe hitches, eyes widening in realization as the silence drags on until they eventually meet Lance's.

And Keith looks so scared. Like Lance has figured him out. Like Lance will shame him for the person he choose to love.

Lance feels a little sick at the thought.

"Keith," Lance says slowly, staying still because his friend looks like he's a breath away from bolting and Lance needs to keep him near. Please. "Hey, it's alright - "

"I didn't mean to say that," Keith breathes out in shock, swallowing dryly. "Sorry, I - Listen, Lance, it's fine, you don't have to - "

" Ay Dios ," Lance huffs, rolling his eyes before he reaches out and drops both hands on Keith's shoulders, keeping him in place. "Keith, I don't care."

Keith blinks, frowns, and then, "Oh? Um, okay?" he mumbles, looking oddly hurt and offended. "I mean, you don't have to be so blunt about it -"