And maybe, now that Lance thinks about it, they came true a while ago and he just didn't want to admit it. Maybe it's been months, years, since then and Lance chose to ignore it, if just to save his heart from the inevitable heartbreak.

Maybe Lance once had a chance to prevent them from even happening.

"Ah, you're in love."

But it doesn't really matter now.

Keith grunts, dropping his forehead on top of his pulled up knee in a weak attempt to hide himself and honestly, he doesn't deny or agree with Lance's conclusion.

But, damn it, Lance doesn't have an imaginary degree on Keith Akira Kogane Brooding Language for nothing.

"Alright, mullet," Lance says, clapping his hands to catch his friend's attention. "Out with it! Sunset Bonding Moment 2.0 is on session. Spill, child, spill!"

"Oh, God," Keith groans, hiding further down on his knee as Lance continues to lower his voice until he sounds like a old man, demanding for a confession.

But Keith's smiling, peeking through his bangs to watch his theatrics with a small smile until he can't take it anymore and finally he gives in.

"Okay, fine, so maybe I'm in love..."

Once, when he was around seven years old, Lance crashed against the group of cactuses his abuela used to have in her backyard with his bicycle.

The sting of all the needle-like stabs he had endured is nothing compared to the one he goes through as he listen to Keith talk about the person he loves.

And there's no name, Keith cuts himself off whenever it seems it's about to leave his lips, cheeks growing redder before saying something else to cover himself up.

But Lance has clues, small little things; it's human male, Keith has known him for years now, fought in the Empire war with them, and Lance has the faint suspicion that he currently works at the Garrison.

"It just came out of nowhere, you know?" Keith continues, looking genuinely bewildered as talks and recalls everything . It's like he can't stop talking now that the dam has broken and Lance would laugh if it wasn't for the lump in his throat.

"I mean, it wasn't something that happened from one day to another, of course. I think it was the realization that it even happened in the first place what hit me hard."

Lance hums, nodding along. "Like when you start eating your least favorite snack because there's nothing else to eat but you slowly start liking it and one day you're buying it deliberately?"

Keith blinks, opens his mouth to reply and then thinks it over. "Huh, actually yeah, like that."

Lance snorts. "Sounds like you two have been through a journey together without knowing."

"You could say that," Keith whispers with a small sheepish smile, rubbing the back of his neck embarrassed.

Lance gaze softens as he watches. Despite the heavy knot on his stomach, Lance can't be anything but grateful that there's someone out there who's lucky enough to be loved by Keith Akira Kogane.

Lance prays that they are worth it. He hopes they are worth Keith's love.

"Sounds like you've got it good , man," Lance whispers, offering a bright smile despite himself when Keith's shy eyes meet his own. "That doesn't come by easily, believe me."

Keith's eyes turn sad on their edge, smile turning bittersweet and Lance knows he must be thinking that he was talking about Allura.

Lance isn't. Allura carries, and always will, a piece of his heart with her wherever she may be in the universe just like Lance will always carry her hope for life in his marks.