Chapter 6

"Are you sure you can do this?" Owlpaw faced her mother, Briarrose's face was twisted with fear and anxiety. "It's not too late to change your mind."

"Yes, I'm sure." Owlpaw assured her, turning away. At least she's trying to be supportive. Owlpaw had been working hard to try and see things from Briarrose's perspective. I am her kit, and she's almost lost me once. It makes sense. Owlpaw turned back and touched her muzzle to Briarrose's cheek. "I promise, when I come back I'll show you that I can do this."

"I'm sure you can." Briarrose sighed. "I just don't want to lose you, Owlpaw. I've already lost Firekit, I can't handle losing another."

"You won't." Owlpaw assured her. "And I'm not travelling alone, I'll have Earthpelt and six other cats travelling with me. I'm not alone on this, I'll come back so much stronger from this."

"We know you'll do great out there." Yarrowtail added stepping in beside Briarrose, eyes bursting with love. "Just come home to us."

"I trust you, Owlpaw." Briarrose rested her muzzle on Owlpaw's forehead. "Just be safe, please."

"Of course."

"Are you ready?" Owlpaw heard Dawnstar's voice beside her, she turned to see her leader standing with Earthpelt who was done saying goodbye to her family.

"Wait!" A voice cried and Owlpaw looked over to see her three siblings tearing into camp. Suddenly they slammed into Owlpaw and shoved her to the ground.

"You can't leave without saying goodbye to us!" Blossompaw cried. "I'm going to miss you! Be safe!"

"You have to tell us everything that happens!" Oakpaw added, scrambling to his paws. "I wanna know it all, okay?"

"I will." Owlpaw promised and met Rushpaw's gaze. His eyes were flooded with countless emotions including love, fear and respect.

"Come home to us, okay?" Rushpaw stepped closer, resting his muzzle on her forehead.

"I will, Rushpaw." Owlpaw mewed quietly and lowered her voice, adding. "Thank you for always believing in me." Rushpaw stepped back and purred loudly. For a moment, Owlpaw's heart began to ache as she said goodbye to her family. She bid farewell to each and every one of them as she joined up with Dawnstar and Earthpelt and they ventured out into SunClan territory, leaving SunClan's camp behind them.

I don't know how long it will be, but I will come back. I promise.

"I wonder who we will be travelling with." Earthpelt mewed while they made their way to the gathering hollow, crossing through SunClan territory.

"We'll find out soon." Owlpaw replied. She could feel excitement buzzing in her paws, in just a few short moments they would be on their way to an unknown world, looking for whatever StarClan wanted them to find. There's so much beyond the mountains, what will we find.

At long last the gathering hollow came into view and they crossed the river. As they crested the top, Owlpaw spotted a small cluster of cats sitting in the hollow talking with each other. She could see pelt designs, and of course recognized the leaders and one of the apprentices looked like Leopardpaw from the gathering.

"Who are those cats?" Owlpaw asked Earthpelt, leaning in towards her.

"The black and white tom beside Timberstar is Seedclaw, and the apprentice is Fennelpaw. The MoonClan cats are Berryheart and Leopardpaw." Owlpaw knew that Leopardpaw was close to her own age. I hope she's nice.

"I guess AshClan isn't here yet." Dawnstar pointed out as they approached the group of cats. "Good morning." She greeted the others with a purr.

"Good morning." Shadowstar dipped his head. "Are these the cats you've chosen?" His yellow eyes rested on Owlpaw. The MoonClan leader was large with fierce yellow eyes. The only leader I've really met is Dawnstar, is he judging me? Owlpaw wanted to hide behind Earthpelt, but she held her high all the same.