𝟔 | The Hunters

𝔙𝔞𝔩𝔨𝔶𝔯𝔦𝔢
" they come in the night "
THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING

𝔙𝔞𝔩𝔨𝔶𝔯𝔦𝔢" they come in the night "THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING

────── 〔✿〕──────

Maleficent was woken by a rough hand on her shoulder and a gentle fluttering of fingers across her cheek. Slowly her eyes peaked open and the hand pulled away. The world was hazy for a moment, her tired eyes taking a moment to adjust to the rising sun, before she finally pulled herself into a sitting position. Strider was crouched beside her. His hair was an absolute mess, strands sticking out in every direction and sticking to his face, while his eyes were half lidded. He was visibly tired.

"You let me sleep through the night" Maleficents voice was tired but it had a soft accusatory and disapproving tone.

"You needed the rest" He hummed.

"It looks like you need it more"

He only smiled as he handed her a small spoon and wooden bowl full soup and little chunks of meat that she assumes to be the venison that he had hunted and caught last night. She took it gratefully as she thanked him. She brought the spoon to her mouth with a gentle smile. The soup was still hot, fresh off the still smouldering fire, and tasted absolutely delicious. It was reminiscent of mornings still in the Shire. Her wings slumped slightly at the thought of the little village. She missed it already. She had grown attached from her time living in it and missed the homely atmosphere that seemed to simply radiate from every corner and the ground itself.

"Eat quickly" Strider called as he gathered up his bed roll and belongs "we still have a way to travel"

"He's right" Maleficent added before the hobbits could complain as she placed down her already empty bowl "finish quickly and grab you things. We need to move fast"

She stood quickly and stretched her arms over head head with a tired sight, back clicking quietly, as she grabbed her empty bow. She could hear the soft murmurs from from the hobbits as well as the clinking of Sams several pots and pans from his bag while she tucked the items into Bill the pony's pack. She stroked the animals neck softly. Bill huffed as he nudged her hip softly, ears flickering as she ran her slim finger through his mane.

"Oh" She hummed as she glanced over her shoulder at Pippin with a smile "And no second breakfast"

Laughter came from the four halflings as she sent a small grin towards Strider. She was surprised when he chuckled. It was barley there, it could probably be classed as more of a huff, but she liked to think of it as a small laugh. She took that as a small victory. It was obvious that he had built mile high walls around himself, every word and action being thought about, but she was determined to chip away at it slowly. So a laugh, no after how small, was a good start.