𝔙𝔞𝔩𝔨𝔶𝔯𝔦𝔢 | Lord of the Rings

𝔙𝔞𝔩𝔨𝔶𝔯𝔦𝔢
" there will come a king "
INTRODUCTION

𝔙𝔞𝔩𝔨𝔶𝔯𝔦𝔢" there will come a king "INTRODUCTION

────── 〔✿〕──────

The gentle rattling of wooden wheels and low singing drifted through the forest that surrounded the Shire. The trees swayed with the words of the song ,as if it was an enchantment, while the birds joined the old man in his singing. The woman that sat beside him, slim and beautiful, smiled gleefully as she bobbed her head. Her ruby red lips were drawn back to reveal beautiful pearly teeth and a pair of slightly pointed canines. The sun seemed to be captured in her dazzling eyes, jewel like mixtures of greens, blues and golds, while the light of stars was bright in her pale skin.

Gandalf continued to sing gently as Maleficent hummed along, her slim fingers smoothing across the soft fabric of her dress. She never usually wore anything other then her pants but, it being Bilbos birthday, she decided to wear something nice. It was a deep yellow with an off the shoulder collar and long flowing sleeves. Her pin straight hair, as deep and dark as the bark of an oak tree, lay against her shoulders and back with a simple twisted gold and leather band holding the strands back. To match the golden designs on her dress, two intricate gold covers were placed on the claws of her wing joints.

Maleficent was very proud of her wings. They were strong and big, dragging along the ground as she walked, and were as dark as the deepest night. The feathers would shimmer as light bounced across them. They would bring her high into the sky, so close to the stars that she could almost touch them, while the clouds would break as they floated through her slim fingers. She had gifted Bilbo an enchanted wisp of cloud after the quest 60 years ago. It was like a miniature cloud that would just float around and occasionally rain or snow but the hobbit had been more than amazed at the small piece of magic.

The sound of pounding feet and and rustling grass came from the right of the wagon before a Hobbit, supporting the natural curls like many others, appeared on the ledge. He crossed his arms over his chest and stared down at the pair with ocean blue eyes that matched his shirt.

"You're late!" He pointed out. Maleficent raised a perfect eyebrow while Gandalf turned his head towards Frodo slowly. He glowered at him from beneath the brim of his pointed blue hat.

"A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor are they early. They arrive precisely when they mean to"

Maleficent and Gandalf share a glance while Frodo tries to hide the smile that was threatening to break out across his face. Laughter bubbles from the three before the young halfling jumped into the cart and wrapped an arm around each of them. Maleficent smiles as she patted his back as her wings ruffled happily.

"It's wonderful to see you two!" Frodo beamed.

"You didn't think we'd miss Bilbos birthday." The brunette woman chuckled as the boy sat between herself and her older friend. The ravenette shook his head and beamed at the tall woman, excited to see her after her long years of travels. She visited a lot while he was young and after his uncle returned from his adventure so, like Gandalf, she became a regular face around the Shire.