𝟓 | To Rivendell

𝔙𝔞𝔩𝔨𝔶𝔯𝔦𝔢
" of unlikely alliances "
THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING

𝔙𝔞𝔩𝔨𝔶𝔯𝔦𝔢" of unlikely alliances "THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING

────── 〔✿〕──────

The room was dark, it's shadows deep and flickering with the low candle light. The hobbits lay curled in the large bed, tucked tightly beneath the thick blankets, while the two protectors sat by the windowsill.

Maleficent watched the inn across from them closely. Her gaze was hawk like and sharp. Strider sat beside her, his hood down. The light created sharp shadows across of his handsome features, green eyes soulful and tired, while his long hair curled and twisted in every direction. The witch turned her head to the man beside her. He didn't meat her eyes for a moment, refusing to turn, before he gave into her enchanting gaze. It was silent for no more than a moment.

"What is your real name?" She asked softly. Striders eyes flickered back out the window for a moment before they met her own once again.

"Does it matter?" His voice was gentle, eyes guarded.

"I supposed not" Maleficent sighed as she rested her head on the murky glass "A name is just an unwilling title. But I'd like to know the name of the man that I'm trusting with my hobbits"

Aragorn sighed, a small huff of a laugh escaping his nose, as his shoulders relax slightly. Her voice was smooth and calming, her sheer presence warm. Her love for the Hobbits cuddled in the bed was radiant. He couldn't help but admired her. The man sat straighter, a tired sigh escaping him, as he contemplated telling her his name.

Bang!

Maleficent and Aragorns gaze snapped towards the street as the thunderous crash bounced across the building's. Heavy hooves pounded against the muddy ground, sounding like a thunderstorm, before four black figures raced down the shadow filled street. Four living shadows dismounted their steeds. Their blades were draw and, one by one, then marched through the door of The Prancing Pony. They reappeared in the bedroom a moment later.

The two watched as the Nazgûl raised their blades in unison, deathly quiet as they took position, before they drove their swords into the beds. Screeches filled the night sky as plumes of feathers filled the room. The hobbits in the bed sprung up in fright, Frodo already perched on the edge as he stared at the two beings by the windows. Striders sword rested by his hip while Maleficents staff was at its full size and clutched tightly in her left hand.

"What are they?" Frodo asked softly. His blue eyes swam with worry.

"They were once Men- Great Kings of Men." Strider spoke truthfully as his hand tightened around the handle of his swords "Then Sauron the Deceiver gave to them nine rings of power. Blinded by their greed, they took them without question, one by one falling into darkness. Now they are slaves to his will."