𝟏 | A Night To Remember

𝔙𝔞𝔩𝔨𝔶𝔯𝔦𝔢
" drink and dance the night away "
THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING

𝔙𝔞𝔩𝔨𝔶𝔯𝔦𝔢" drink and dance the night away "THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING

────── 〔✿〕──────

Gandalf pushed the gate of Bag End open, Maleficent chuckling at the sing hung on it, and made his way up the stone path to the door. The woman followed behind him closely as her wings fluffed up excitedly. It had been a while since she last saw her dear friend and she was going to make up for her absence. She just didn't know how yet. Gandalf rapped on the door with the bottom of his staff before a muffled and familiar voice came from behind the green wood.

"No thank you! We don't want any more visitors, well-wishers or distant relations!"

The brunette laughed and called out to the hobbit "what about very old friends?"

The round entrance, still the same shade of forest green as 60 years ago, creaked open and an elderly man appeared. His curly hair had long gone grey but his round eyes still held that playfully spark of adventure and youth. Bilbo gave the two sorcerers looks of disbelief as he stepped further into the light of the outside.

"Gandalf?" He laughed weakly "Maleficent?"

"Bilbo Baggins!" The old wizard boomed with a joyful laugh. They pair hugged before the hobbit shuffled around the man towards the winged woman. She crouched and opened her arms with a bright smile. They embraced tightly, the woman's feathers quivering in excitement, while the old halfling laughed. They're missed each other more then they thought they had.

"Still as beautiful as ever I see" Bilbo chuckled as he pulled back.

Maleficent placed a small kiss on his forehead "while you haven't aged a day!"

"Come on, come in! Welcome, welcome! Oh, here we are."

Bilbo retreats back into his home and holds the door open for his friends as he ushered them in. Maleficent took a deep breath of that familiar and homely smell that instantly made her relax and sigh with contentment. As the door closed behind them, everything unfamiliar was locked out and they were surrounded in the air of safety. He took Gandalf's hat and staff, Maleficents own one being shrunk to fit into her dress pocket, and began to walk deeper into his home.

"Tea?" Bilbo called over his shoulder "Or maybe something a little stronger? I've got a few bottles of the Old Winyard left. 1296. Very good year. Almost as old as I am! Hahaha! It was laid down by my father. What say we open one, eh?"

"Just tea, thank you." Both Maleficent an Gandalf answered.

Gandalf backs into a the chandelier then turns and bumps his head onto the beam. He let out as gasp as the brunette woman chuckled softly. He rubs his forehead and walked into Bilbo's study. Maleficent followed, wings tucked tightly to her back, with her head bowed so her horns didn't scrape the ceiling. It had happened a few times before. The old wizard looked at the papers on the desk, a map of The Lonely Mountain among them. Bilbo continues to talk to the two about what there was to eat.