Chapter 69: Rekindled Interest

Depuis le début

"I was wondering why I smell a rat." His low rumbling voice made my belly do flip flops as he smiled when he saw Lilly. "Hello, little princess."

"Uncle!" she flew over to him and he laughed softly as he hugged the girl. It made me smile because it seems like he would be a good father because he really loves the little girl.

Needless to say, the dining table became a little crowded but this was even better since I always eat alone. Sharing a meal with others has always been a family bond thing for me.

The guys both volunteered to clean up and do the dishes while we watch her favorite My Little Pony series on Netflix.

"Auntie. My Uncles like you." she snuggled next to me when I gave her a cookie.

"Hahaha. I like them too. They are nice men." I rumored her but she giggled and ate the cookie before reaching for another.

"I overheard Uncle Kas say that he would love to take you on a date when we were at home. Uncle Leo is quieter but I know he follows you with his eyes every time you walk or do something."

Her observations should have made me feel scared and creeped out but....the thought of two fine, handsome guys taking notice of me was...impossible.

Especially Mr. Leonidas...

He seems so refined and was always so sweet to me that it made me feel a bit weird inside. I pray that Sey would come here soon and take me back to Manila.

I should not be having these lewd thoughts at all about a man who was kind and offered me shelter and protection.

"He may just be looking out for me, sweetie." I kissed her hair as we went back to watching the show.

Yes. That was all there is to it...

Right?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmm?

I opened my eyes and yawned when I saw that Lilly was snoozing beside me. A couple of footsteps signaled that the guys were on their way to the living room.

I pretended to sleep as they arrived.

"She has really gotten attached to Sarina quite easily. I guess she can recognize a great maternal figure when she sees one." Kassim's voice was near as I felt Lilly's tiny body being taken away.

"She must have been very tired to fall asleep like this. I'll see you tomorrow Kassim for the plan."

"Got it....Hey..." I heard Kassim's hesitation before he continued. "Did you go over my proposal? For Sarina?"

What?

But he kept silent.....

"No. It is best if I consult my...her cousin for this plan. "

"I gave you my report. The rumors about your past with Laila resurfacing quite fast; she is making her move to trap you into marriage and she still has her men trying to catch Lilly."

I felt Lilly being taken from her spot beside me as their talk became even more muffled as they walked towards the door before it closed loudly. My eyes popped open and I feel a little light-headed....

I...heard something really important.

Laila...?