13 :: platonic hickeys & heated stuff

Start from the beginning

"We have a banquet to go to next weekend," The younger said. "The plan was to get him there, but why aren't you making a move right now?"

"N-no reason," He mumbled, averting his attention back to his essay, which honestly he didn't care for right now because it looked like a jumble of words. "I just haven't been feeling well."

That was kind of a lie, and honestly he hoped he didn't catch it, but knowing Jeongguk, he probably already did. He could hear his footsteps echo on the flooring, and it didn't take much for him to realize he was standing beside him; he could feel him looming beside him.

"Is it because I'm taking all your time?" Jeongguk asked. Taehyung's brows furrowed, head whipping up to meet the younger's gaze.

"Because we can end this a bit earlier."

"What? No. I'm just not ready, that's all. I-I need more practice before I date him, you know?" He said, chuckling uneasily. Jeongguk frowned.

"There's only so much I could teach you, Specs. We're already in Phase 2," Jeongguk said, resting his hand on the back of Taehyung's chair and leaned forward, their faces inches apart from one another's.

"Phase 2? You know, you've never explained all the phases to me," Taehyung murmured, shutting his laptop before Jeongguk could read all of it. The younger grumbled 'hey', earning an eyeroll from the older as he pushed him away to get up.

"Well Phase 1 was the makeover. Phase 2 is all about the skills. That's where we are at," Jeongguk said, following Taehyung while he put away his dish in the sink.

"Phase 3 is when... Is when I give you to Jimin."

He didn't know what he exactly meant by that, but he merely hummed. When he turned around, he gasped softly, his chest bumping into Jeongguk's. He pressed his lips together, swallowing as his gaze met the younger's.

There was something in his gaze that he couldn't quite decipher what it was. Hurt? No, Jeongguk wouldn't feel that way. If he was pained, he would tell him eventually, and honestly it could just be some figment of Taehyung's imagination.

Maybe he was just sad that morning over something else?

"Well then, we'll make the most out of Phase 2, right? Please, I still need your help," Taehyung said, capturing his bottom lip between his teeth. "I don't think I can go on a date with Jimin just yet."

I don't think I can do this without you. He didn't say that out loud; it would be embarassing.

"But you'd go out with me? Aren't we pals?" The younger teased, never failing to bring a smile to his lips. Taehyung lightly punched his shoulder, unable to help himself from rolling his eyes.

"Friends. We're friends," He corrected him softly, watching calmly as the sweetest smile spread across the younger's lips. Jeongguk raised an eyebrow at him, not aware that he stepped closer toward him.

"I've upgraded to a friend now?" Jeongguk said, wiggling his eyebrows in that stupid way Taehyung absolutely hated.

"I've just made fucking history!"

"Shut up," Taehyung murmured. "Don't make me take that back," He threatened half-heartedly.

Jeongguk raised an eyebrow at him, "What? I was literally your friend for a second, and I'm getting that privilege revoked?!"