Chapter 14: Operation 4th of July 1/2

On a cliff overlooking a massive supercarrier, sitting in a flat sandy Oasis

"Aright boys and girls!" Casy yelled as she approached the hybrid Shadow. "Sattle up! we're heading out!"

A Shadow is a covenant version of a cursed en-longed warthog, with an ability to carry a total of eight people, one gunner, and driver. Although the hybrid version is modded in a way to be a tank, using both warthog and ship parts from the UNSC FTD and a few defensive turrets from both UNSC and Covenant, allowing it to have a total of nine gunners that uses both sides of the tech, hence why its called a hybrid.

Jess saluted Casy "We got every'thin ready ma'am" 

Casy nodded "Good, send out the Drone units lets make sure they're preoccupied before we storm there back."

Jess nodded and took out her handheld radio while walking towards another Hybrid Shadow.

Casy quickly got into a Shadow, more specifically the top gunner seat. Which was the only seat outfitted with a lock-on rocket turret. The two shadows to the left of hers began to move, leaving the cliff side where they sat. Her shadow soon followed the two others, lined up perfectly.  

"Ma'am" Jesses voice resounded from comms "The drones just got sent"

"Good" Casy did a mental check off of the list she had "Tell Tommy and the others to break off once we see the gate"

"Yes, ma'am" Jesses radio clicked.

BANG BANG BANG

Everyone looked up as banshees and modified flying vehicles fought. 

"Looks like the drones got here early..." She slapped the Shadow twice, signaling the driver to go faster. "We Gotta break though the gate before the drones get grounded!" She yelled into her comms. 

The Line of Shadows soon broke into an Arrowhead formation as dust flew behind them. 

3rd Pov

As the rouge forces approached the back "Gate" which was never a gate but instead a heavily guarded open area, a few Hybrid Shadows began to break formation on approach. Those who broke off had another mission while Casy's team was for "deliver".

"Here we go" Casy mumbled to herself, as she rested her thumb on the firing button of her rocket turret. "All gunners!" She yelled, "Prepare the greetings gift!"

An alarm blurred as a few guard posts started firing upon her team's position, leaving a few scorch marks on the modded hull but nothing to worry about. 

"Fire!" as if it was a battleship in the middle of a swarm of plans, all the shadows turrets came to life, shooting everything that could pose a threat.

Grunts, elites, jackals, and ghost stood no chance to the uncanny amount of gunfire as the mix of Scorching plasma, rapid-fire of bullets, and rockets ripped though bodies, metal, and much more.

"Ma'am!" another voice, masculine in tone but yet soft "Wraith!"

The Large purple alien tank came from a temporary garage hidden off in some corner that no gunner saw, its intimidating purple mass scared most gunners into firing at it.

"Shit! Tyler! Evasive maneuvers" Casy gritted her teeth, she knew the only thing that could pose a threat to her glass cannon of a tank was a real tank. "All hands! aim for the Wraith!" She aimed her rocket turret and fired multiple times.

Most projectiles did little to no damage while Casy's turret effectively killed the gunner, to which the Wraith responded with a blast of it heavy mortar-like. The large slowly moving plasma ball hit close to the Shadow, scaring everyone shitless.

 "We're barely making a dent in the damn thing!" Someone yelled though short distance comms 

"Well it can't hurt it then-" The Wraith sudden sped up as it rammed into the side of the Shadow, the sudden force caused Casy the bang her head on the side but luckily her helmet took the worse. 

The shadow was pined to a guard post and the front of the Wraith, its right side armor crumpled inwardly and a few turrets were broken, leaving only 2 turrets left.

"Everyone ok?" Casy asked rubbing her helmet a little, attempting to soothe the initial impact area. 

"AH FUCK!" someone yelled "FUCK MY FUCKING ARM"

"Someone shut his ass up!" Casy ordered as the three other people on the right side helped the screaming Marine.

"OH SHIT" Tyler practical shit himself while yelling.

"Wha-" Casy looked back at the temporarily forgotten mass of purple, it seemed to be aiming down its mortar "Oh no you fucking don't" She quickly hopped out the lead gunner position and ripped the Rocket turret out of the hinges. 

The Wraith's cannon was about to fire, as Casy jumped from her position onto the Wraith and shoved the fairly large rocket turret into the lower opening part of the cannon. The driver of the Wraith panicked and backed up, freeing the shadow.

"I may not be a master chief but..." She fired a few rockets into the machinery, breaking the gun mount and making it slump "I'm still a god damn spartan!" She stomped the gun into the lower parts as it fired. Causing the whole tank to downright shoot itself.

Casy quickly jumped off the Wraith and back onto the Shadow as the alien tank blew up.

"FUCK YEAH, WE GOT A SPARTAN WHO CAN KICK ASS" Everyone cheered before it was silence by banshee fire. 

"Alright! Fuck, Tyler get our asses to the damn ship!"

"Yes, ma'am!" Tyler stomped the gas pedal as a trail of gunfire followed.

The next few moments were the most intense moments of any Marines or Spartans' life. A nonstop barrage of gunfire ranging from almost every direction as the Modded Shadow took life-threatening hits, as well as a major, loss of speed. 

"Come on baby" Tyler mumbled to himself, as he pushed all the Shadows resources into its demining power supply.  "We're so close" the Shadow really was close but unfortunately the covenant realized their goal and began to close the only vehicle access that was open.

"Tyler! WE NEED TO GET THERE NOW" Casy screamed as she fired a rocket into an energy cell and blow up a fortification

"Right! Right!" Tyler looked around quickly as they approached the now half-closed vehicle bay. Thats when he spotted a tipped over fortification, it laid like a ramp "Bingo"

The Shadow did a quick u-turn and went back a few ways away. 

"Tyler what the fuck, are you doing!" 

"Hold on tight!" Was all he said as he dramatically drifted the hovering vehicle and did whatever he could to boost the Shadow as a stay banshee shot hit a critical part of the engine. Making the back of the Shadow erupt into ablaze. 

Everyone started screaming as the Shadow, in its blazing glory hit the ramp and flew into the Vehicle bay...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Um so yeah, still alive, Sorry about not doing anything at all but uh hey...