Chapter 8: The path I follow

"Seven, wheres the fabrication array"

I had plugged seven back into the cartographer, utilizing its mapping to find a Forerunner fabrication facility.

"Its 2 klicks north but we have a problem" she sighed

"What is it?" I asked

"Its something else, called a "Knight" or something, theres 17 of them blocking the path and they don't seem to be moving..."

"Is it a type of building?"

"No, it seemes to be a type of unit?" She seemed puzzled.

"Doesn't matter" I grumbled, while pulling Seven out of the machine and back into my head "Once we get there, well get to work"

"You got it boss" Seven replied, with a hint of worry in her voice. Which I paid no mind to.

(Time-skip, brought to you by a humanized Seven in Spartan armor holding up a hologram that has Y/n as a Ai, with his arms crossed)

We made it the the facility, a tall tower surrounded by 4 pylons within a large canyon, It looked like a large church without the religous building syle.

"Thou shall fight against the humans, devils, and monsters that were once call Angels" Seven nervously joked "Are you sure you want to do this?"

"Yes, Yes I am" I said full of determination "No one will be spared"

You slowly approched the door.

"Hey didn't you say there are knights of some kind here?" I asked which made Seven sigh

"Now you've done it"

"Wha-" A red line passed my helmet in the blink of an eye, which startled me and caused me to aim for its source.

"What the hell is that!" I fired at the beast but it did nothing due to my shotguns range. So I quickly dove for cover.

"Its one of those knight things I mentioned" she stated "Although their more of a beast then knight"

"Nows not the time! I need a longer ranged weapon! Scan! Now!" I yelled at a beam ripped a hole within the thick rock I hid behind, a few inches from my body.

"Unless you got a sling shot, there's nothing else"

I grunted in annoyance as I rolled to the side firing a few empty shots causing the "Knight" the raise its blade in defense. Although my attack didn't do anything.

"Interesting..." Seven muttered. The left and right side of my hud became filled with scanning nonsense as the the "Knight" roared, exposing a glowling red humam skull before closing its "outter" face and charging at me.

"What the FUCK was that!" I yelled as I jumped out of the way, I quickly fumbled to my feet raising my shotgun to fire but my actions were interuped by a glowing orange light blinding his hud.

"Warning the shields down and the helmet as sustained major damage! I think its time to get the fuck out of here!" I felt my teeth grind together as I hit the "knight" with the butt of my gun, it stumbles backwards opening its face for a second. Which allowed me to shove my shotgun in its human-skull face and pulled the trigger several times. "Die! Damnit! Die!" I yelled.

The shotgun clicked empty as the knight dropped to its knees.

"I think it might be dead" I questioned looking at its body.

"You, just had to say it, didn't you" she sighed.

"Say wha-" My shields shattered as I was thrown to the side, into a wall. "How is that fucking thing, still alive!"

3rd Pov

The knights body began to shake and shudder as it came closer, it seemed like it was on its last leg. Which was the same for Y/n, he pulled out his combat knife and got in a fighting stance.

"Come at me!" Y/n growled, The Knight let out a dying roar as it swung its glowing blade at him which he dodged easily due to its heavy movements, he quickly shifted his footing and stabbed his knife into its elbow.

"Direct hit!" Seven enthusiastically shouted.

Y/n twisted my knife and wrapped his elbow around its blade arm and pulled until it came off. Before the Knight could react, he had stabbed its own blade arm into its chest and pushed it forward into a metal wall.

The knight screamed and kicked as it let out its dying breath. "Die! Die! Die!" He ripped his knife from its destroyed elbow and jabbed it multiple times into its chest.

"Now is it dead!" He yelled, out of breath and tired.

The knights body suddenly shook some more before folding inwards and deteriorates rapidly until it completely fizzled out of existence.

"Woah! Woah! Woah!" Seven suddenly focused the glitching mess of his hud, on the fading particles of dead knight.

"What? I can't tell whats going on, I can't see it"

"The "knight" just became an massive brust of data!" She reported "Although its not really helpful, it still shows how amazing the Forerunners, as a race was!"

"To bad we're fighting everyone"

Seven let out a heavy sigh.

"Oh, before I forget, I picked up 17 knights when I was in the cartographer, well 16 now, you just killed one" she sounded as if she genuinely forgot.

"N-no way, your joking" he felt the tingling sansation of fear in the back of head.

16 miniature black holes appeared as, pieces of the knights came out of each hole.

"Oh..." Y/n look around, before kicking his shot gun into the air and back into his hands. "I really REALLY hate the Forerunners now..."

The newly formed knights looked directly at Y/n, roaring before getting ready to attack.

He reloaded his shotgun, and cocked it. He felt regert in his choice but...

He knew what path he chose and he welcomed the consequences.

After all....

It was one man vs the universe...

_____________________________________________________

I don't have much to say here, although an intresting vote has caught my attention.

@Jawaua

He/she has asked a question about "Having sex with Seven" which is bringing me to this point.

Would you guys, like to have a lemon with Seven?

Or

Would you prefer action and more violence?

Comment on whatever one you want, while my lazy butt goes to finsh my other projects.