Chapter 12: The forgotten

3rd/You Pov

You helped seven up, pulling her up from the cliff.

"I only had a body for 5 minutes and I'm already hatting it" Seven moaned.

"Oh hush, you have a robot body, you shouldn't be complaining" You stretched.

"I can still feel exhaustion and muscle strain" she took off her helmet, breathing heavily.

"Come on get up this is nothing"

"Says the Spartan" she looked at him annoyed.

You smile and rub the back of your neck.

"Can't w-"

BANG BANG BANG

You, on instinct, suddenly crouched low making Seven completely shut up, as you both grab your weapons.

You make a few hand signals, telling Seven to "Follow me, stay quiet, shoot on my command." Seven nodded as You began to move to the source of the gunfire.

You slowly crept though the woods, Seven held on to your right shoulder. Following you closely while at the same time, making small grunts in pain.

You arrived at the source, it seemed to be a firefight between a small squad of Marines and a hurt Spartan fighting two knights and a few covenant forces.

They were losing.

You made a signal to seven telling her to aim at High priority, which was, in this case, one of the knights.

She nodded.

You put three fingers up.

3

2

1

You jumped from your cover, dawning both of your shotguns.

"Holy shit!" You heard someone yell as you landed on a Jackal with a crunch.

The few elites turned towards you, shocked by your sudden appearance.

Before any of them could aim, you dashed forward, slamming both barrels of your shotguns into their chest. You pull the trigger once, a mass of organs and blood shot out from the back of the elite's chest.

Another elite, which was pretty much next to you. He attempted to pull out an energy sword but was stopped by a few dozen needles going into his back and exploding.

You smiled as you cocked both shotguns at the same time. While Seven, clear out the lesser enemies.

A knight jumped for you, but you rolled out of the way and fired a round into its side. Its armor broke revealing an orange glowing core in its back.

It was its weakness.

You ran at the single knight, it swung its blade to the side but it didn't touch you because you slid underneath it and fired at its back which killed instantly.

The other knight, who watched as his buddy "popped" charged at you.

You being a badass, kicked the Knight in the head making it stumble backward. You then fired a round into the right leg, making it drop to its knees. It swiped its blade at you, as a desperate attempt for victory. Which you denied by shoot that arm off.

You look towards the treeline, looking for Seven.

"Seven, come on out"

Seven stepped out of her hiding spot.

"I'm here" she jumped down the small ledge "Oh are you not gonna kill it?" She aimed her weapon at the knight.

"Wait" you put up your hand, blocking her shot "look"