Chapter 3: Hunting

Ironically you came to me.....

"Seven, get me an interception course" I got on the mongoose and waited for what I asked for.

"Give me a minute, he's outside the map I can't really get a pinpointed location"

"Then give me a rough direction"

"Alright but Im going to have to barrow your mini map"

"Mini ma- wait are you talking about the motion detector?"

"Huh? I thought it was called a mini map"

"Thats most definitely not right! besides your the one who runs my gear so you should know"

"Eh I renamed all your stuff"

"Why!"

"Makes things easier"

"How!? Your a flippen AI you should know what all these things do and their names"

"Yeah your right......but meh it still works dosent it?" I facepalmed, I know for a fact seven is fucking with me, but sometimes its hard to tell.

"Just....just do the thing" my motion detector suddenly disappeared and was replaced by an arrow, pointing south west.

I sighed and flipped over my mongoose "Does that thing even have enough gas? After all we drove preeetty far before coming back"

"I don't know, I don't care" I got on the mongoose and followed the arrow.

??? Pov

I slowly opened my eyes, to the sight of dirt. I quickly scramble to my feet and pick an assult rifle that was conveniently resting a foot away.

"Where are we?" I asked as I slowly lowered my weapon.

I survayed my surroundings, it seemed that the forward to dawn along with a covenant fleet had crashed.

"Checking coordinate impact data"

There was a brief moment silence before a distorted version of Dr. Halsey's voice spoke.

"We have asked you to give up your family, your Childhood, Your fu-" I shook my head before taking out Cortana's data chip.

"Cortana" her avitatar appeared but her head hang low as if she was just thrown around.

"I'm sorry, its the crash. I'm fine" she said before looking up at me.

"Something was wrong before we left the dawn" Even though my face is covered I still gave her a look of concern.

"Chief really, I'm fine" she smiled

"Cortana" I said sternly.

She looked at her feet while holding her hands in front of her.

"I was put into service eight years ago..."

"Eight years...." I let my head wonder as I thought about everything that changed within that time.

"AI's deteriorate after 7 chief" I looked back at her, even more concerned then before.

"Halsey" I thought out loud.

"Chief..."

"We need to find Halsey"

"Chief Please" she spoke as if I was trying to help a dead man.

"She made you, She can fix you" I said bluntly.

"I won't recover from Rampancy, Chief" she spoke in a sorrowful tone

"If we can just get back to earth and find Halsey, she can fix this."

She looked at me as if she was looking into my eyes instead of my visor.

"Don't make a girl a promise you can't keep"

There was another brief moment of silence before covenant ships flew over head.

"We need to move!" Cortana said before her avatar disappeared and I put the data chip back into my helmet.

I started moving along a dirt path which seemed to bend around some wreckage.

"Doesn't look like the covenant fared much better then we did"

"How maney ships made it though the Roof?"

"Plenty...Why?"

"We still need a ride home"

The path cut off into an opening allowing me to move on.

"Chief check your ammo" I did a quick check of my magnum while I walked under a bridge made out of wreakage. "You might want to go easy until we locate some more." By the time she finshed speaking, I finished checking my ammo.

"Given all this debrie, chances are you'll find something the covenant won't want shot at them" I couldn't help but smirk at Cortana's words.

Thats my girl

I found and exit from the crash site, bending around a cliff, a few steps into the exit Cortana began to speak.

"I'm picking up a faint trasnmission on the high band." She reports while showing a visable graph on the side of my vision.

"Convenient?"

The graph disappeared, "I don't think so, the patterns different" I soon approach the other side of the exit "I'll triangulate its position" soon I finally left the crash site.

I come face to face with a bueatiful view of large forerunner pillers, causing me to look at the sky, to admire its bueaty.

I continued to follow the path which was wasted with bits and pieces of wreckage, further down the trail I saw a ruined Warthog a few meters away from a few perfect fine Warthogs

"Warthogs? And still in one piece? Gald to see your luck is holding out"

I quickly hop in one and start the engine. The engine roars to life as I pressed the gas, driving down a wider path.

_____________________________________________________

Oh my god, I actually sat down and played all of halo for this story..... I wanna die, but no seriously I played halo again 1-5 just for this story and it took sooo long.

Yeah I sorry

-Tiny