Hinata Shouyo - The Same Pt. 2

part 2 of announced love

"you're the transfer student, right?" michimiya ask as she looks at the girls club application.

"yes ma'am, i am!" y/n smiled as she stood up straight. she was much smaller than the rest of the girls of the volleyball team. "i would like to be the ace!" she said with confidence.

michimiya just laughs and pats the girls back. "we already have an ace, but you can be a wing spiker or middle blocker, whatever you're good at the most." the captain smiles.

y/n nodded her head. "yes ma'am!"

"alright, welcome to the team!"

"thank you for having me!" y/n bowed.

the girl was very excited to be on the volleyball team and greeted each member with excitement in her eyes.

"hello, i'm l/n y/n! i'm the new member of your team. i can't wait to play on the same court together. what's your name?"

the emotionless girl whispered her name that y/n couldn't here. "can you speak up a little?"

"limin sky.."

"ahh, nice to meet you! what position do you play?"

"setter."

y/n's instantly brightened up in happiness. "that means you'll set for me, right? right?"

"if you're a regular on the team, which i doubt you are since you just joined and all."

the setter realized that y/n gotten quiet and quickly tried to correct herself, still not showing emotion. "i mean, we already have regulars on the team, but you'll never know. maybe you'll be switched out with someone else."

y/n smiled. "you sure show a lot of emotions in your actions then you do then talking and your facial expressions."

the setter looks away shyly while holding her hands behind her back.

"oh shit. our setter, our little emotionless setter just got shy from the new kid??" a teammate exclaimed that got everyone else's attention.

-

practice was over and y/n didn't really get to do much today since she just joined and all, but she started practicing by herself in the girls gym. the girl couldn't really do anything since there's was no one there to set the ball up for her.

"you need help?" a familiar voice spoke.

"sky-chan!" the girl exclaimed. "but we need another person to throw the ball to you.."

"we can try to work with us two for now." the setter said as she walked towards the shorter girl.

"okay!"

they tried their best to practice and the setter was shocked to see how high the girl could jump, but not that shocked since she saw how hinata could jump from their practice game a few days ago.

y/n sighs. "this isn't working so well."

the setter nodded her head in agreement.

the younger girl stretches her back and then noticed someone watching them. "hey, you there, with the orange messy hair!"

the said boy jumps from being noticed  and revealed himself by standing between the open gym doors. "h-hello!"

y/n smiled. "would you like to help us practice?"

"u-uh, sure! i'm hinata shouyo by the way!" the boy jogged over towards the two.

the girl handed hinata the ball. "i'm l/n y/n! i just transferred here today. and this is our setter limin sky!"

"we've already met." the two said in unison.

"oh.." y/n rubbed the back of her neck. "let's get to practice then!"

hinata threw the ball up towards the setter and she set the ball for y/n. hinata's eyes widen in surprise when he saw how high the girl could jump.

y/n hit the ball to the ground and landed back on the floor. "Oooh that felt nice!" she smiled wide.

"WHOOOAAA!! YOU'RE JUST LIKE ME!" hinata shouted in excitement has his eyes sparkled.

"REALLY?! YOU CAN JUMP HIGH TOO?!!"

"YEAH! I GO LIKE WHOOSH AND THEN I GO LIKE BAAM!"

"EXACTLY! I GO JUMP AND THEN WHOOSH AND THEN WHEN THE BALL COMES I GO BAAAM!!"

the two basically jumped up and down with each other talking nonsense.

the emotionless setter shook her head. "let's get back to practice, unless you wanna go home for the day?"

the three continued their little practice session for a little while before it got super late.

after that small interaction with hinata, the two has gotten really close. they had a lot in common and could talk to each other all day.

sometimes they would hangout after school to either one of their houses, the cafe, movie theatre, or just a park.

they basically became best friends and the boy's volleyball team would tease hinata because of how obvious that he has a crush on y/n.

months has past and hinata thought it was the right time to confess his feelings to the girl.

the two did their usual by walking home together and talked about whatever.

"hey, y/n.. can i ask you something?"

the girl nods. "what is it?"

it was silence till y/n turns her head in confusion to look at the boy. "h-" she was stopped by a quick peck on the lips.

hinata blushed and looked away. "would you like to go out with me..?" he mumbles shyly.

it took y/n a few seconds to realized what happened as her face slowly turned red. her ears then popped with smoke. she basically died.

hinata looked at the girl and freaked out when y/n fell over and landed into the boy's arms. "OMG Y/N, ARE YOU OKAY?!"

hinata freaked out even more when she wouldn't move. "OH GOD I KILLED HERE!!"

y/n slowly reached her hand out. "y-yes, d-date me pls.."

hinata face palmed but was really happy nonetheless. "i think i broke her."

oop i need to get back into writing

Requested by: Limin_Sky