He threw his head back and laughed and I couldn't help but smile with him.

The next day, at work, it was stressful. Everyone was busy preparing for our meeting this evening.

I was in the washroom, when I heard two women who was washing their hands.

"She is such a b*tch." One of the them laugh.

"I don't think we should be talking about this, here." The other one said.

"She can't be here." The first one said. "I hate when she is on top of us. I don't know how she became the director at such a young age in this company."

And I knew they were talking about me.

"Ain't she related to the chairman? They share the same last name?"The second one said.

"No." She laughed. "If she was related, why would she be working in this field as the director and not the CEO? She roams with our chairman's sons, so you can imagine where she gets the sources from."

I stepped out of the washroom and they gasped. I looked at them and I don't really know them, they must be working in one of the department. Both of them, seemed as young as me. They have good features, they are dressed professionally but apart from that, I don't know how they work.

"Ms.Emilia." They squeaked.

I started washing my hands, "Glad to hear all the gossips, that's going around the office." I said looking at them from the mirror.

They were huddled up together and seemed worried.

"We are so sorry." The red haired woman said to me, looking apologetically.

I give them a blank look as I took a paper and then wiped my hands and walked out. I don't really have time to deal with small issues like this. Already I have to deal with my cousins- and this. Guess, not everyone will like you and you may deny it at first and try everything to impress them, but then you realize that while trying to impress them, you lose your true self and become someone who you are not and that's something I have learnt a while back and now, I don't really care. As long as I am happy and as long as my behaviour doesn't hurt someone. I'm fine with whatever anyone think of me.

I didn't correct them about how I know David and Daniel because I don't want to give someone the pleasure to think that it bothers me.

"Chairman is looking for you." Leslie said as soon as I walked to my office.

"Thank you." I said. "How is his mood?" I asked.

"Seems nervous."

"Thank you, how is my schedule for lunch?"

"You don't have any meeting until 2:30 pm."

"Perfect." I said as I made my way to the chairman's office.

I knocked at the door and wait for him to answer.

"Hello, Mr.Ellis." I said with a blank look as I looked at Christian Martin Ellis, who was standing in front of me.David and Daniel got his features-from his tall heights to his face structure. His black hair was perfectly pushed back and he was wearing a wrinkle free, suit.

"Emilia, drop that formality."Dad scolded. "People don't even know you are my daughter." He huffed in annoyance. "I can't even go around introducing you as my daughter because you don't want me to and here you are pretending we don't know each other in the office."

"Dad." I broke into a grin. "I was just teasing you."

He scowled playfully and smiled. "How is the arrangement for the conference, today?"

"Good." I said. "You don't have to stress about it." I put my hands on his shoulder. "I've got this." I said.

His green eyes glint and he smiled, "I know you've got this. What about Daniel? He better be coming."

"He doesn't want his a*s beaten, so he said he is coming."

"Good." He said.

"You want to go out for lunch?" I asked.

He smiled, "of course, mom would be glad to hear that."

"Great." I clapped in delight.

"Can we go around 11:30? I have a meeting at 2:30."

"Definitely." He said and smiled.

"I'll text mom the details, so you can relax for now." I give him a quick hug. "I'll see you, pops." I give him a quick salute before walking out of the room.

For lunch, we went to a French restaurant that was close to the workplace. My mom, Candice Allison Ellis, is the owner of the proud Ballerina school in NYC. She spent most of her life building that schools and that's where I took my classes since as a kid, I love ballerina and all because of her.

"I still don't understand why you siblings moved out from our family home." She said. "The house is so empty without you guys."

I smiled, she always bring this topic up whenever she can and make us feel guilty about it.

"They are adults now, honey." Dad said. "They want a little freedom."

"It's not like we trapped them up or something?" Mom said looking at me.

"No mom, you did not. It's just we wanted to explore opportunities. Well, at least I did. Daniel moved out because he thinks I can't take care of myself."

"You can't." Dad pointed out. "You are clumsy and most of the time needs surveillance." He shake his head, disapprovingly.

"I'm not clumsy." I corrected him. "The ground just can't get over me."

My mom almost choked while drinking her wine.

Dad rolled his eyes, playfully.

Lunch was great, we had a great time catching up, although We have lunch together once a week at our family's home, mostly on the weekend.

I rushed back in time for my meeting and then left for home after that to get ready for the conference and head there before the arrival of our guests.

I wore a two piece black gown, the top was an off shoulder with half sleeves. There were laces on the sleeves and the gown was made with satin and laces and I put on a Pointed toe Mary Jane's heels to go with my outfit and curled my brunette hair in the bottom.

Daniel was wearing a dark tuxedo, his dark hair was gelled up.

"You look incredible,Em." He grinned.

"Thanks, you don't look bad yourself." I said.

"I need to impress some ladies." He winked.

"Guess, it's time." I said looking at my phone.