01 || Through the Midnight

Start from the beginning

"Hang on, hang on." The sheriff called out, recognizing his son on the ground, "This little delinquent belongs to me."

The pale boy squinted, shielding his eyes from the light and sprinkling rain. "Dad, how are you doing?" His voice seemingly innocent.

"So, do you, uh, listen in to all of my phone calls?" Mr. Stilinski narrowed his eyes at his son.

 Stilinski narrowed his eyes at his son

"No, heh." Stiles began, but his dad was giving him a look. He sighed, "Not the boring ones."

"Now, where's your usual partner in crime?"

"Who, Scott? Sc - Scott's home. He said he wanted to get a good night's sleep for the first day back at school tomorrow. It's just me. In the woods. Alone." The boy lied, not convincing his father.

"Scott, you out there? Scott?" Mr. Stilinski moved his light, making sure that Scott wasn't anywhere. Scott pressed himself further into the tree, afraid. Once Stilinski 'knew' the shaggy-haired boy wasn't there, he sighed and looked back at Stiles, "Well, young man, I'm gonna walk you back to your car -" He grabbed Stiles by the back of the neck roughly, making him wince, and led him away "and you and I are gonna have a conversation about something called invasion of privacy."

Scott silently cursed and stood behind the tree 'til it was okay for him to walk away. He was alone in the now pouring rain. A long howl echoed in the woods, making a shiver crawl up his spine. Pulling down further the hood of his sweater, he walked on. He was paranoid, checking his surroundings constantly. The sounds of the night making it a million times worse.

At some point, Scott paused and took out his inhaler, shaking it. Suddenly, a herd of deer came rushing at him. He yelled and fell to the ground, his inhaler flying off. The deers rushed past him, luckily not trampling him. When the deer left, he breathed heavily and stood up shaking.

He wanted to go home but couldn't find his inhaler. Pulling out his phone, he turned on his flashlight and tried to look for his missing inhaler. Through the dirt, leaves, and in some crevices.

The lonely boy moved further and further until the light shone upon a face. It was the face of the top half of the body they came looking for. The girl's eyes were in horror, her last expression before her death. A gasp left Scott, and he fell back, tumbling down a large hill. He winced in pain as his body came to a halt at the bottom. The boy stood up, leaning on a fallen tree to take a breath.

A growl then sounded, making him freeze in his spot. Slowly, he turned to look over his shoulder, and to his surprise, he was being watched by a hideous animal. Without warning, the creature tackled him down and dragged him across the floor. He fought back, but there was no use. The creature took a giant bite off of his side.

The teenager screamed in pain.

As soon as the beast let go, Scott ran without hesitation.

– ∆ –