Episode 43

Zane turned off the light to his room, and his blue eyes illuminated the darkness. He turned onto his side, and sighed It had been a long day.

The ninja had bothered Zant to no end on how he defended against Garmadon, and Zane gave in.

"I only used my element to see the possible futures." Zane replied.

Since it was getting late, the ninja all went to bed, and Zane along with them. Garmadon looked at Zane once more, studying him curiously, then left him alone.

Zane got out of his bed, then took out the case underneath. He opened the case, and looked at the Yulta card.

What in the world did I get myself in to? Zane sighed, glancing at the card. While the scroll's effects were essentially nullified, he couldn't help but ponder what had happened with Lloyd today.

Erasing his worries, Zane activated the card. A blue light emitted throughout the room, and Zane scrolled through the news.

Curious as to whether or not the group needed him, Zane took the case, and entered the hall. He walked down to the door, then on the steps of the monastery. The moon shined over him, and insects chirped softly.

Zane sat on the stairwell, and looked out into the scenery. The wind blew through the valley, and Zane sighed.

A hand touched him on the shoulder, and Zane whipped around to find Garmadon staring him in the face.

Zane began to slide the card into his pocket, but Garmadon grabbed his arm.

"Hey--" Zane pulled down on his arm, using the same amount of speed he had in the tournament. Garmadon's arm flew down, and Zane placed the card in his pocket.

Garmadon seemed stunned at the force Zane used, and shifted his gaze at Zane. Zane looked at Garmadon in pure fear, and backed off.

"What do we have here?" Garmadon said, looking at Zane and his case. Zane slid the case out of Garmadon's view, but Garmadon pulled the case from Zane.

"Wait!" Zane lunged for the case, fear shaking in his body, but Garmadon opened the case up. He took the two long blades out, and Zane froze at the sight of them.

"Nice blades." Garmadon commented, inspecting the craftsmanship. He looked over every speck and cranny.

"So nice, it actually kind of reminds me of....." Garmadon whipped his head around in recognition, and Zane dropped on the stairs.

"Of the blades Azne used in the tournament." Garmadon finished. Zane's head pounded heavily, and he shook in fear.

Garmadon cackled at the sight, and Zane collapsed on the brick stairs.

It's over for me. Zane thought sadly. Garmadon laughed.

"Now this is a surprise! A ninja of all people joined Yulta!" Garmadon cried. "No wonder it was so weird when you fought Lloyd, you were the same person in the arena!"

Zane looked up at the stars.

Just take me already. Zane thought, tears in his eyes. Garmadon paused, and looked at Zane. Zane cried profusely, wiping away his tears. Garmadon watched him in confusion.

"Why're you crying?" Garmadon asked. Zane looked at him in wonder.

"I'm finished. If the ninja knew I was a part of Yulta, or even Azne, they would kill me." Zane said.

Garmadon stared at him in bewilderment. "You mean they don't know?"

"Of course not?! How could I casually tell them 'Oh by the way, part of me is a sadistic killer who was actually the person in the video, and have a high casualty rate?.' Or the fact that I'm slowly losing my mind, and if I don't do something, then I'm never going to be the same. P.I.X.A.L. already curses Azne for the fight, and the things I said to her tear me apart! Lloyd hates Azne and Yulta with a burning passion, and is aggravated when its even mentioned! No one would love me if I told them!" Zane cried out.