Episode 12

Zane placed the weapon in a plastic container under his bed. He then ran into the bathroom, and locked the door. The entire monastery was fast asleep.

Zane looked in the mirror, then closed his eyes.

I just have to look normal. Be normal. Turn back blue. He thought. He closed his eyes, and found himself back at the bonfire area. A clear blue sky illuminated the landscape, and Zane saw himself next to a lake.

He walked through the grass and looked down at his reflection. The lake appeared a light blue, but Zane noted the dark undertone of black and red. He sighed, and separated the red from the black. As soon as he started his actions, he screamed at the pain in brought him. A white hot agony descended upon him, but he pushed on. Zane watched the flames being ripped apart from the darkness, and the peaceful world he sat in gone; put in the same state as before.

I hate this. He cried out. His eyes had turned back blue, but he felt his mind return to constant turmoil.

But I have to do this. I can't let my friends see me like this. Zane thought. With resolve in his eyes, he left the bathroom and went to help out P.I.X.A.L.

"I'm back." Zane said. P.I.X.A.L. stared at the screen.

"P.I.X.A.L.?" Zane asked. He tapped lightly on her shoulder, but she didn't respond. He then noticed a long cable extending from her, and connecting to the computer. Another cable was placed next to her, and Zane sighed. He took the cable, and plugged it into himself.

A long stream of codes ran down in lines, forming a wall. Zane saw P.I.X.A.L. next to him, and she typed in her computer at a fast rate.

"P.I.X.A.L.?" P.I.X.A.L. jumped.

"Zane!" She said. "You're here."

"This is the firewall?" Zane asked. P.I.X.A.L. nodded.

"It's unlike anything I've seen before. Whoever owns this organization has to have some deep knowledge in programming. I've never seen something of this caliber." P.I.X.A.L. replied.

"I should start helping you." Zane pulled out a computer from thin air and started hacking away. The two stood in silence, jamming their fingers into the computer.

"How'd your search go?" P.I.X.A.L. asked him. Zane focused on his computer and sighed.

"No leads. And I tried to visit Silica, but she died." Zane lied, saddened.

P.I.X.A.L. blinked in surprise, saddened. "I thought she made it." P.I.X.A.L. said.

"So did I. The doctors said she didn't make it by the time they reached the hospital." Zane said, typing on the keyboard.

"Still can't believe she died like that. Do you think Yulta had something to do with it?" P.I.X.A.L. asked him. Zane shrugged.

"Possibly. When she was running through the streets, she seemed in a hurry." Zane said.

P.I.X.A.L. chuckled. "From you maybe?" Zane happily smiled at her.

"True. " Zane said.

P.I.X.A.L. huffed. "But how'd she fall off the edge? There are around ten warnings signs to prevent you from falling. It's just strange." P.I.X.A.L. replied.

"I know. But everyone saw her fall of the edge." Zane stared at the screen.

"I think I made some headway." Zane said. P.I.X.A.L. looked over at his computer.

"Great. You unlocked the first part. Only fifty more left." P.I.X.A.L. said. Zane groaned, and got back to typing. A quiet air loomed over the couple.