Episode 28

Zane activated his card, and searched up the matches for the day. Apparently, he was being pitted against the policeman, or Zeke in the afternoon.

Zane cleaned off his blades, polishing their shine and sharpening them, then sighed.

They're fighting as my opponents, huh? Zane thought, his mind in turmoil.

It pains me to say this, but I guess I'll have to fight them too. Zane looked at his hand, which rattled loudly with the chains. He gripped the blade firmly, shaking off his fears, and left his room. The two guards met up with him in the hotel lobby, and ushered him into a car. The guards sat in the front of the car, and Zane alone in the back.

"Where's the event taking place?" Zane asked.

"In a stadium northeast from here. The stadium will house the remaining fights." The man with glasses said. Zane looked over at him, and the guard turned his head away.

"Where are the competitors normally housed?" Zane added.

"Right next to the stadium. But since the closest hotel we owned was over here, we situated you there."

"It also makes for less spies." Zane said. He gazed at a window to his right, and saw the sun rising on the horizon. Ocean blue also greeted him, and Zane felt the car slow down.

"Traffic." The driver muttered.

"Traffic?" Zane asked. The guard nodded.

"Jin, can you find a way around it?" The driver asked. Pushing his glasses up his glasses, Jin, whom Zane assumed to be, nodded, and began typing on his tablet.

"So people come here to watch the fights, huh." Zane said.

"And they're open to the public!" Jin roared. Zane vented his annoyance off in waves, his posture expressing it. Jin shut his excitement up, and got to typing.

Zane looked outside again. The roads were jammed in traffic, and an idea flickered in his mind.

"I think I can take it from here." Zane said to the two. Baffled, they glanced at each other, and, Zane opened the car door.

"I'll see you at the stadium." Zane said with a laugh. He drew both his daggers, then ran through the crowd of traffic. Horns blared at Zane's actions, but he ignored them and pressed on.

Spotting a tree hanging overhead, Zane threw a dagger into the tree. He maneuvered his body upwards, and swung overhead.

There's the stadium. Zane swung from branch to branch, and the people in the cars pointed at him in awe. With a smirk, Zane landed on top of the entrance gate of the stadium. A guard looked up at him in surprise, and Zane laughed madly.

The guard spotted the gadget on Zane's uniform then nodded. Zane extended the dagger to a streetlight, and eased himself on the ground. Crowds of people watched his descent and clapped in amazement, but Zane growled.

Zane threw the dagger into the light, the chains swinging from his actions. The audience froze, and Zane grinned. He walked into the stadium with the same expression, causing a crowd of people to back away from him.

Zane strolled through the crowd, and passed the registration center. The lady in the booth was about to argue with him when she noticed the pin on him. Zane smiled cruelly at the visitors, then entered the stadium.

A large, silver steel dome arched over the convention hall, and booths lined the sides of the convention.

I suppose this is how they make their funds. Zane thought, watching adults walk by. The majority of the crowd consisted of adults, most likely because the fights would scar children for the rest of their lives.