Episode 10

The darkness gleefully obeyed its master, and entered Zane's mind. Zane clenched his teeth. He could feel the scroll's desires, and his own desires from before, but he decided to not quell it, and let it flow.

The darkness seeped through every part of his mind, and he let it. Every time he had prevented it, something bad would occur. While he was afraid it would consume him, he let it go.

The process continued on for a minute, then it stopped. Zane opened his eyes, and stared at Muskrat. Muskrat was sharpening a knife, and looked up. He blinked in surprise.

"Huh. Would you look at that." He said. Zane stared at him in annoyance. "What?" He sighed, brushing him off.

"Your eyes are white. I guess it's going to be like that from now on, even if you change your appearance." Muskrat noted.

"Good to know." Zane said. "At least it'll be easier for you to identify me. I'm pretty sure most human beings don't have glowing white eyes." He said, flipping a knife in the air.

"The air around you has changed. More frigid." Muskrat said. Zane caught the knife out of mid air, and chuckled.

"That's a funny play on words." Zane smirked. Zane took the knife and froze it, turning it into a corrupted ice blade.

"But enough games." Zane continued. "I want screams." Zane flung the knife into the brick wall, and it dug into wall.

"Well, I've got a job for you. But first, I've got some people I want you to meet." He said. Zane followed him into a building, and a grand chandler hung overhead. The place looked like a hotel; a big lobby in front, and chairs at the side.

"This is one of our outposts." Muskrat said. Zane paused.

"I see your connections run deep in Ninjago. Color me impressed. I also see that you don't trust me."  Zane said. Muskrat paused, then turned. Zane shrugged nonchalantly.

"I'm not stupid. You cut off the loose end, right?" Zane asked. Muskrat grinned.

"Its nice to see the act you plastered gone. And you're correct. Silica's officially been killed by her injuries." He said. The two made their way to the front desk.

The woman at the front was busy unpacking some boxes. When she noticed guests, she turned around.

"H, hi." She stammered. The man in front of her had a nice air around him, and she felt at ease. But the man next to him, with pale white yes made the whole room fearful. Zane noticed this and masked his face - appearing friendly. The whole room calmed down.

"Hi." Muskrat said cheerfully. "We're here for the conference in room 113." Muskrat pulled out a key card, and the woman nodded.

"Take the main hall, and turn to the left. You'll see the conference hall. I think they're hosting a party." She said.

The two walked into the hotel, and a grand hall overlooked the main entrance.

"So you mix your employees with civilians to keep undercover?" Zane asked.

"Yes. We also register the owners' as civilians to avoid tracking." Muskrat replied.

"That reminds me." Muskrat stopped walking for a minute, and turned his gaze towards Zane. "If you don't mind me asking, how come you're like this?"

Zane stopped walking for a moment, and sighed, letting out a small laugh. "What? Sadistic?" Muskrat shook his head no.

"I could care less about the sadistic part. I'm just wondering how could so easily finish off that much men."